cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a text telling me I only have 10 minutes left on my plan but when I check my plan I have

lkirley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text telling me I only have 10 minutes left on my plan but when I check my plan I have lots of minutes and a $50 credit?  Is this a scam?

17 REPLIES 17

Ali03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yeah... kind of getting annoying seeing this footer with every post. Just answer question if you can, do not offer solution to offer world's problems...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

You don't need to contact customer support @lkirley as above post is providing.

As others already mentioned, not a scam, just warning of you plan minutes being used up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lkirley 

The 10 minute warning text comes like clockwork on limited minute plans and completely ignores whatever minute based add ons you have on your account. Once you reach your 100 outgoing minutes limit with the $5/500min add on or other gifted, promo or applicable calling minutes add ons you will transition seamlessly from plan minutes to add on minutes. If you have no applicable calling minute add one you will either be cut off your call or get a message saying you need to add a calling minutes add on to your plan.

You receive a similar text message for limited SMS plans however pm only offers a US Roaming SMS texting add on. There are no canadian texting add ons for purchase.

The 75% and 95% data usage warning texts work in an opposite fashion to the 10 minutes remaining in your plan texts. They can often be sent out in error so always confirm usage in your self serve account when receiving one of these texts. The data usage warning texts include all of your available data on your account both plan data, bonus recurring monthly plan data and add on data. Unless you only have plan data do not ever rely on the 75% and 95% data usage warning texts to monitor mobile data usage. m

Utilize your data management tools in your phones settings such as your data saver, tracker, warning and limiter to properly track your data usage.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The meters in your self serve account will always trump everything else, they seem to like to send these texts that are inaccurate for both minutes and data, so you should be good.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27    That's not quite true...all the mins and data  (and data IIRC) available whether plan, add-on or bonus should appear on the screenshot OP posted.  edit:  yep, just confirmed by viewing my account details.

@lkirley 

Your screenshot is for your bonuses. 
Your regular call usage will be as shown on @softech screenshot.

Once your regular call usage is used up, it will slowly eat up your bonus one time 500 minutes.

That Voice Minutes box would have shown the 100 minutes. It would seem the warning was right.

These are all add-on. I do not think you are going to get notification when they get close to zero.

Only your Plan's minutes are 'monitored' for notification.

@lkirley    That message is usually received if you've only got 10 minutes left from your available plan minutes, .e., if on the grandfathered $10 with 50 mins in/out, or $15 plan with 100 outgoing mins and can be ignored if you have add-on minutes that will available until renewal.   I'd suggest to purchase the $5/500 mins add-on to use in that case and keep your LD minutes for times you need to make international calls.

Once your regular plan minutes (100 minutes) are used up, then you'll have 99 minutes of the 200 mins US and Canada Long Distance to count on. You should still consider getting the $5 / 500 minute Add-on...handy to have on a plan such as yours.

edit...the 500 minutes one time LD bonus will work for calls to Canada as well.

@lkirley Yuku are just checking your addon. login to My account and check thr My Data & add-ons box, check there,  There should be a line about 100 minutes Canada wide talk.

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

lkirley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, this is what my usage shows, and I have a $50 credit so I am going to say this was a PM rouge mistaken text?  

lkirley_0-1649186089492.png

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It is not a scam but sometimes PM is eager to send SMS...

As long as your account says you have minutes you are good to go. I assume you are on $15 Plan, correct?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lkirley 

Login to your account and in My Data & Add-one section is current and up to date on your calling minutes.

It was probably sent by mistake if all is OK in your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No scam...just PM ineptness ! Log in to your account My Data and Add-ons and it should tell you how many minutes you actually have used of your 100 minutes. If running low, consider getting the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you do use 'em up.

editd...spelling

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

In the my data & add-ons for the 100 minutes, does it show something 90 / 100 minutes. The credit doesn't affect the plan until you renew or buy add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.