cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to pay $10. I have $12. But system says I have insufficient funds. Why?

AlexPDoyle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

29 REPLIES 29

AlexPDoyle

Thanks

"We" are all of "us" here who are fellow customers just like you who are trying to help our fellow customers. You would not share anything that is personally identifiable would you? Like your name (hint hint). No. Nor do "we" ask for it. There is nothing personally identifiable in your payment history. We ask for images or pics or screenshots or screencaps from your phone or computer to show us what you see...that you can place here after you crop out or smudge out anything personally identifiable.

AlexPDoyle

But thanks for trying anyway.

AlexPDoyle

Thanks, but...

We? Us? Who are YOU exactly? 

"Mayor Dust2dust" doesn't exactly sound like someone I should share information with...

I'm just trying to figure out where to help explain it all to you. But we can't see your account. So for us to help, you would need to supply some more information. I totally get that it's not worth the effort though. Just to know what's going on is all it is.

AlexPDoyle

Not sure how to share that information, but Frankly, this has already been more effort than the 3 dollars is worth.

I'm Done.

Yeah so a few years ago you lost the ability to talk to someone. As you know.
So are your services working? Were you able to give us the payment history from here so we can help you sort out what you have and see?

AlexPDoyle

$15. and after rewards (-$5) I owe $10. Same plan I've had for years. Nothing changed. 

AlexPDoyle

Yes, been a customer for 11 - 12 years.

And Yes. I AM Old lol

HI @AlexPDoyle 

it has been a week and still not resolved?

so you have $12 available fund and the amount due say $10? 

what plan you have? I wonder maybe you have a plan like $25, after the $12 fund, you still owe $10 ?

If you could provide images of your payment history since your prior renewal then we might be able to help decipher things for you.

There hasn't been anybody to directly verbally talk to for years. Are you a really old legacy/pioneer customer? (not you old 🙂 )

AlexPDoyle

Yes. It said reward applied and that I owe $10. But that $12 is insufficient to pay the balance Owed. This has never happened before btw. Seems to be a sign to switch companies, esp since there are no longer any people to talk to about problems with service. I'd like Customer Support, not meaningless internet badges... 

Sounds about right for paying. But did that loyalty payment appear before this problem? Look in your payment history for green numbers and the additional balance.

AlexPDoyle

I had to add money until I had $15 in the account.

It now says I "Saved $5 this Month" But I clearly didn't.

Looks like my "Loyalty Reward" is Meaningless...

@AlexPDoyle Please as support to investigate this for you . I think it’s even worse if you get $5 loyalty I would think with auto pay your full rewards would be $7 off 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And what about balance? But still, there used to be a problem with custom payments via the credit card in the account where you had to pay the whole plan if you had less than your plan amount in balance. Maybe it's still a problem.

AlexPDoyle

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but NONE of them Worked.

AlexPDoyle

I have the $15 plan and $5 loyalty reward.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you on? How much rewards value are you looking at? Have the rewards been added already the day before the plan expiry?

Is this the problem we saw before with having to pay the full plan cost custom amount rather than a lesser custom amount?

If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can use 611 to add minimum $20 from your registered credit card.

Or buy a $10 voucher and use 611 without the account pin. But I suspect you have the $25 plan and actually need $13. So get a $10 and a $5 voucher.

Adding - it's not about taxes.

@HALIMACS  Well darn . Thought I had just learned a new life hack 🙂

@Handy1 

I was referring more to purchasing vouchers wherein the face value of the voucher gets added available funds.

However, the cost of the voucher is the face value + tax at the point of purchase.

So no, your example doesn’t work (but wouldn’t it be great if it did!!!) 

@HALIMACS  So if I top up my account with $39 bucks that will pay for one’s account . And not pay tax for a total of $44.85 

@HALIMACS @Mark613 @AlexPDoyle 

Adding because if I let auto pay do its thing that $39 plan costs me $44.85 every 30 days . So I’d rather just top of $39 into account and not pay the tax . Be like getting the plan for $33.91 for the plan instead 

No, it should not be that reason @Mark613 & @Handy1 

Any amount in available funds on an account is sufficient for the plan/add-on face value and includes the tax.

For instance, if you have $15 in your available funds, and you want to renew on the $15 plan, it will work regardless of the fact the $15 plan costs anywhere from$16 to $17.25‘ish depending on the province.

Mark613

Tax is probably the reason. $10.99 plus tax is more than $12. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AlexPDoyle  Are you you factoring in the tax on top of price of plan or add on your trying to purchase 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What are you paying $10 for. $10 plan or an add on?

If for plan….isn’t the $10 plan now $13???

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexPDoyle your amount due is showing $10? Available fund showing $12?

Try login using Incognito mode to confirm account status/Available Find/Amount Due.

Do you see a button Resume Service? click on it again

If that does not work, try to put account to Lost/Stolen and wait 5 mins and resume service and see if it works 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You may need to clear your history, clear your cache, close out the browser and open it up again and log into your account and try again. Sometimes PM website has cache issues. Let us know if it works.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @AlexPDoyle 

try using Incognito/private/secret. mode and try again 

Need Help? Let's chat.