cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 g plan and usa add on

Nikita4ever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey i read darlicious awsome post. I have searched for answers. I even contacted cs_agent.  Maybe im not clear enough in what im looking for. 

I am going to USA.  I have the 25 dollar plan at 3g.   I tried to ask cs agent if volte is enabled on my account, he says since i have the 25 dollar plan its not gonna use volte.  That was not my question.  So im waitinf for an answer again.

If i take the add on, knowing 3g does not exist anymore in USA, will my add on work for calls?  and for data? And for text?

If not im guessing i should change plan to a 5g one....    or maybe ill just go with a usa plan from a differnt company since my plan just renewed and it makes no sense to pay 39 dollars for 5g plus add ons

18 REPLIES 18

Ah! There it is. Down in the grey under Mobile Radio Power - VoLTE Provisioned. It would seem you do in fact have volte enabled. Must be nice. Still interesting that IMS is unregistered.

So other than actual coverage you should be fine for roaming.

Adding - lol sorry I had the code backwards. Still doesn't work for me.

Nikita4ever

...  that did not work. But i searched mms codes. It seems to be this. *#*#4636#*#*

This works. It brings me to a crazy info of all phone!!  Insane.  Ill post pics of that  too

Screenshot_20230719-152542-486.png

Screenshot_20230719-152622-771.png

Screenshot_20230719-152636-012.png

Here is the apn you asked for

Screenshot_20230719-150919.png

Screenshot_20230719-150926.png

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Agent is wrong. All plans have access to 3G, 4G, and 5G networks; it's just your plan speed which is deliberately throttled when you have a 3G plan.

Having said that, it doesn't sound like you have VoLTE unfortunately. What phone are your using?

Roaming should be no problem for text and data. Calling is where it's a problem. But this is puzzling me about that IMS. It staying LTE suggests volte is present.
Can you dial #*#*4636*#*# *#*#4636#*#* and see if it works. It might give an error. It doesn't work for me. But it works for some.

Nikita4ever

Yes. 

I set to lte. During call no change. After i hung up its as you see.  

Do you think it will work. Can i use data in usa, can i call in USA, can i text in usa if i take add on plan?

Should i badger cs agent to enable LTE?

Thanks

So you set to it LTE and then got on a call and while on the call you looked at this screen and it did not show UMTS on that mobile voice line? Then you hung up the call. Yet it says  not registered IMS. Interesting.

What all items do you have in your APN list?

Nikita4ever

This is what it says after i hang up. While on the call it did not change

Screenshot_20230719-144343-770.png

Then unless the phone would switch to 2G on its own in the background then talk might be a big problem for you when roaming. Welcome to the terrible whitelist filtering this place does for enabling few devices for volte. Mine can do volte just fine, but they won't enable it. It sucks.

This likely won't change anything but set it to LTE and then make a call and stay on it and look at the earlier screen again and see if it still says UMTS.

Nikita4ever

Nope. No 2g option. Only these

Another screen shot 

Screenshot_20230719-142309.png

I noticed the UMTS in your previous screenshot. That means the phone switched down to 3G networks for the call. As happens for us when volte has not been enabled. And that it said unregistered for IMS.
So where you set it to 5G, is there a 2G option in that list?

Nikita4ever

Hey

Yeah i had just made a call.  I put 5g as preferred network. And here is a screen shot right now i see lte+ up right hand corner.

Screenshot_20230719-141504.png

 does it mean its enabled?

Did you just make a call when you captured this image? Is your phone set to 3G networks? (or wcdma or umts)

Nikita4ever

Oh no.  Its not

Screenshot_20230719-140412-305.png

enabled!!!!!

If your menu system is anything like my Samsung (being Android) then go to settings, about phone, status information, sim card status - and look for any mention of IMS and if it says registered.

Nikita4ever

My phone is volte enabled. Motorola 5g ace

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Nikita4ever  just tell the agent it is not true and ask him to escalate. 

All plans can use VoLTE, as long as it is enabled on the profile.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The agent is wrong.
Be aware that all this talk of 3G HERE is about speed. The states have removed 3G NETWORKS. So you either need volte enabled or your phone needs to be able to switch down to 2G GSM for talk.
There is now a new plan for all roaming by the way.

What is the make and model of your phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nikita4ever  It should work no matter what plan you’re on . But the $39 plan right now offers 20GB of data 

Adding you can still access 4G/LTE 5G network on your 3G plan . It will just the throttled to 3G speed 

Need Help? Let's chat.