cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my auto pay and loyalty discounts?

ScottBroadbent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Had been paying $9/month on the $15 plan.  Now I'm being charged the regular price?  I think this has something to do with the new points system, which I do not want, but I am at a loss how to use or redeem these points.  If I figure it out will my bill be retroactively adjusted and funds reimbursed, or did I just get screwed?

I prefer the simplicity of the discounts just being automatically applied, as it has been.

5 REPLIES 5

ScottBroadbent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, basically, I'm now only 'earning' 0.75 points per month, where I would have been earning an equivalent of 6 points per month with the auto pay and loyalty discounts, which is absolute S-H-I-T.  I guess Telus/Public Mobile doesn't like the fact that I've been content with the low end plan, and so they ain't generating enough income from me.

Ignoring the 5 points for 'joining' the program, and the yearly 10 points on the anniversary, it will take me 20  months just to earn a $15 bill credit.  Even with the anniversary points, it'll take 7 months just to 'earn' enough for a bill credit.

I guess it's time to look into alternatives.  I knew when they first announced the switch, that the math didn't add up, and it wasn't worth my while to switch when they initially offered it.  I wonder how many people got suckered in and voluntarily switched, only to discover they were getting screwed...

ORNGNBLK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are correct. I am of the new school points variety and only considered Referrals as the means of accumulation. Please ignore my reply or start referring people quickly! 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ORNGNBLK The discounts are not the same as loyalty and autopay don't give credits on the points system. Only referrals are equal. If they have no referrals then they may only be receiving 5% points back from bill payments which will be less than 1 point per month on the $15 plan.

ORNGNBLK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In addition to what golfball mentioned: there’s no way to get your bill retroactively credited. As long as you have 15 points, you can use them to get a $15 bill credit on your upcoming bill. In the app/browser, go to ”Rewards” , then find the $15 bill credit and Apply that. It will ask you to confirm, so do that. You will then get an email confirming the point redemption/bill credit. From the sounds of it, you might be collecting about 5-6 points per month? If so, you can get a $15 bill credit every 3 months, essentially leaving you with a zero bill 🙂 Although it might be a hassle to log in and make this manual adjustment, it’s the same discount you were receiving before, just not on a monthly basis, but rather in 3 month intervals. Hope this helps.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You're correct that you're paying full price because of the rewards change. In order to apply points to your bill you need to wait until you have 15 points which you can then redeem for a $15 bill credit in the rewards portal. It can take time for points to accumulate so unless you already have 15 points you didn't miss out on anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.