Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to change my location where I live

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed in to my account and bought a different plan awhile ago.   I then noticed that it had that I still live in BC so I went to try and get figure out how to change that as I now live in Alberta.   It took me to a place that wanted me to submit a ticket but it would not let me and wanted me to sign in to the community.   When I tried to do that it wanted a nickname so I put my user name in which I think is my nickname and it then said that than nickname was already taken.

I have been trying for over an hr to try and see how to send a message to someone there to get help with this but had to go back to one of my emails to you from before I moved.
When I signed up there was no such thing I remember as nicknames as I have a username, email, password and a password for the community.  I finally found out that my password for the community seens to be my nickname and I finally got in to the community.
Anyway I was trying to change my address as I no longer live in BC and when I bought a different pkg I was charged the pst and there is no pst in Alberta.   How to I change my location and get a refund for the tax I paid in BC ?


I see a refund as unlikely.  Telus will be remitting the full amount of taxes collected. The change (assuming that you're willing to change phone numbers) will take effect for future renewals.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your help.

Hi @cecile1993 since Chatbot ticket has not been working well, best to submit ticket to CS agent via message


The very last bit in the reply above from handy1 would be the easiest. You will need to answer some verification questions when they get back to you.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your reply.   What is the easiest way to send a private message if you need help.   I find this site very complicated when you want to message for help.

Mayor / Maire

Your address does not matter to PM nor it affects taxes you are paying.

Taxes are determined by your AREA code so if you wan to pay less taxes you would have to change your phone number to province which has less tax.

I from ON could pay less tax if I chose are code from province with lower tax but it will weird to live here and have number from other province. Not everybody have unlimited Canada wide calls so most people would never call me then.

Mayor / Maire

Taxes are based on the province that the area code belongs to. It sounds like you still have a BC number.

A trick for you would be to buy vouchers in stores and only pay gst.

Mayor / Maire

@cecile1993  You need to contact support to get your old community name back easy fix 

as for your address you can change this in you my account in the profile tab hit pencil next to you name and the option will be there or you can ask support to do when you talk to them about your community account needing to be linked 

Message support directly

  • while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<


Need Help? Let's chat.