cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some good, bad and ugly changes

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So it looks like public mobile has been very busy and made a lot of changes recently.  I have to say there's some good changes and and some not so good.  I'll start with the positive changes that I noticed so far. 

First the good and a big thank you to public mobile for permitting us to change our emails ourselves although I haven't tried that as I'm a little worried since I couldn't sign in with my username a little while ago and had to get a whole new name.   There's also some interesting plan options especially for those needing lots and lots of data. And I never thought public would offer 5G plans in the near future as it seems like we only got 4G plans quite recently.   I do like the look and layout of the phone account to be much cleaner and easier to navigate than the earlier version but I haven't explored everything yet so there might be more surprises good or bad to discover yet.

Now the bad.  Obviously, the first one is this confusing sign in and I have no idea why I needed to get a new name first.  I didn't have any problems signing into my phone account so that was good but not getting the community name change.  Luckily, I read other posts with the same problem that said to get it resolved with customer support which I did.   The other not so good is the lack of choices for the 3G plan options which are also missing from public's website which seems odd as I did find two choices in my account.

Now for the ugly and also very bad at the same time is the 30 day expiry for add-on data.  This is really concerning as this was the big motivating factor for me to come to public mobile rather than go to lucky mobile.   The price for the data add-on is very pricy now too, not that it was really cheap before but at least we got to use the data over many weeks or months. 

I'm beginning to think public is not interested in providing more value for customers who are more budget conscious since there doesn't seem to be any shortage of big data plans for those who who can pay $40 or more.  

Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant but I did note some of the more positive changes too.

7 REPLIES 7

statusquo

Yes there was no warning so we couldn't even buy some spare data before this change took place which I don't think is really a coincidence either. @hTideGnow 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @statusquo I think PM would be nicer if they have gave up a head up ahead of the change.  Would be better if they have another message box setup if people have trouble signing in.  Could have done better to claim people down

statusquo

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the lounge and no it's not really a support thread but is about the many changes that have happened in a short time so thought it might be relevant but if oracles feel this does not belong here then I don't mind if it gets moved to the lounge. @esjliv 

statusquo

Very nice and I hadn't seen the option for downloading invoices so public deserves another thank you for this change. @pmbc 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo - agree with all your input and feedback. 

Not really a Get Support thread, more like a Lounge one. Wish the Lounge was searchable showing on recent feeds. One can only hope this and many other things happen one day. You can do it Public! 🤞👋🤙

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo wrote:

So it looks like public mobile has been very busy and made a lot of changes recently.  I have to say there's some good changes and and some not so good.  I'll start with the positive changes that I noticed so far. 

First the good and a big thank you to public mobile for permitting us to change our emails ourselves although I haven't tried that as I'm a little worried since I couldn't sign in with my username a little while ago and had to get a whole new name.   There's also some interesting plan options especially for those needing lots and lots of data. And I never thought public would offer 5G plans in the near future as it seems like we only got 4G plans quite recently.   I do like the look and layout of the phone account to be much cleaner and easier to navigate than the earlier version but I haven't explored everything yet so there might be more surprises good or bad to discover yet.

Now the bad.  Obviously, the first one is this confusing sign in and I have no idea why I needed to get a new name first.  I didn't have any problems signing into my phone account so that was good but not getting the community name change.  Luckily, I read other posts with the same problem that said to get it resolved with customer support which I did.   The other not so good is the lack of choices for the 3G plan options which are also missing from public's website which seems odd as I did find two choices in my account.

The 3G plans are only 'viewable' when using the app.   They're really trying to move customers to 4G and 5G higher priced plans.

Now for the ugly and also very bad at the same time is the 30 day expiry for add-on data.  This is really concerning as this was the big motivating factor for me to come to public mobile rather than go to lucky mobile.   The price for the data add-on is very pricy now too, not that it was really cheap before but at least we got to use the data over many weeks or months. 

Yup, that was a weasly move.  Don't think they're gonna move on this one.  

I'm beginning to think public is not interested in providing more value for customers who are more budget conscious since there doesn't seem to be any shortage of big data plans for those who who can pay $40 or more.  

Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant but I did note some of the more positive changes too.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@statusquo Agreed some good some bad.  Being able to download your own receipts with tax info is useful for some as well.  But the 30 day expiry of the data addons is not good 100%.  There was a thread to garner support for changing it back but I don't know if that's going to gain any traction.

Need Help? Let's chat.