I mistakenly activated my previous number

nilisnothing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change to new number

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nilisnothing 

If you ported in your phone number changing it in your self serve is not an issue unless you intended to keep that number with your old provider. Porting it out from your previous provider automatically closes that account. If you change your number now that will send your old number back to the original provider you got it from. If that is not an issue for you then just change your number in your self serve account.

If this was a mistake and you need the old number to have remained active elsewhere or its tied to a business or employment or something vital like that then contact customer support before you change anything to see if they can help you save the phone number for the account at another provider.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nilisnothing 

Which number are you referring to? Your SIM number or your phone number?

If it was your SIM number, login to your Self Serve account and click on Change SIM card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nilisnothing   what you meant by you activated previous number?  you meant you requested to port your number?  If so, depends on what stage, you can "cancel" that.   After you request porting, you would have receive a text from your old provider and you are supposed to reply within  90 minutes.  If you have not reply yet, DON"T.  As long as they didn't get they YES answer your number would not be ported   (Unless you are porting from landline, it might be slightly difference with the process, let us know, but you still have time)

Then the next thing you do is to login to My Account and click "Change Phone Number" and then you can picked a new number.   

And that are all you need to do if you said "mistakenly activated my previous number" actually meant you requested porting and you changed your mind

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @nilisnothing 

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

To change, go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number 
  • and Rebooting device.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What do you mean - you activated previous number??

Is this new account?

You can easily change your number using PM self-service account. Just click on

Yummy_0-1644625928694.png

Change Number and pick another one. You can do it 4 times per 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.