fredatimpano285
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need my account number, but have been locked out

thanks

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Here is my welcome email.....To: 100000XXXXXXX (acct #) followed by my email address.

Screenshot_20220322-001053~2.png

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

The account number has been included in the welcome e-mail for years.  It's just not labelled as such. Also, I've never seen any phone number information in these e-mails.

I have to disagree.

I have Not received any kind of 'numbers' in welcoming SMS nor in email.

Here is what is in email. No account number, no PIN. As for SMS it says: Thank you for activating with PM., etc., etc. That is why I always argue when advises are - look in your welcoming email. There is Nothing there of sensitive info. Even when I changed PIN I did Not received it in SMS.

Meow_0-1647899153577.png

After activtion, Pubic Mobile sends an e-mail message to the customer. The account number is in the header. Where your name would normally be is the account number.  This is across numerous accounts that I have seen this without fail, and it's been like for as long as I can remember.  The OP of this thread also had the account number in the e-mail messages. Members who suggest to look in the e-mail message for the account number aren't guessing. I can also say without a doubt that the account PIN is sent by SMS to the customer immediately following activation. What I can't say with absolutely certainty is if Public Mobile has made changes to the after activation e-mail message. However, advising cusomers to check the welcome e-mail message fir the account number and the SMS message received after activation for the account PIN is solid/excellent advice and has helped several members.

@dust2dust wrote:

Meow: I did receive the PIN at activation. It landed on the SIM. You would need to be using the sim and or phone that you had at activation. On a stock samsung android go into the texting app and get into settings, more settings, text messages, sim card messages.

The account number in the email isn't usually visible. You need to find all the technical bits like I said earlier. It's with your "to" email address.

Thank you @dust2dust . Use @ in front of ID or people will miss when you reply to their posts.

I tried. No messages. Mind you, this is my first ever SIM and I did not have 'old' SIMs so I have no stored messages in any SIM. And I do not keep anything in SIM (contacts, etc.).

I will look into those message details accessing my mail trough Outlook.

Meow: I did receive the PIN at activation. It landed on the SIM. You would need to be using the sim and or phone that you had at activation. On a stock samsung android go into the texting app and get into settings, more settings, text messages, sim card messages.

The account number in the email isn't usually visible. You need to find all the technical bits like I said earlier. It's with your "to" email address.

@computergeek541 wrote:

The account number has been included in the welcome e-mail for years.  It's just not labelled as such. Also, I've never seen any phone number information in these e-mails.

I have to disagree.

I have Not received any kind of 'numbers' in welcoming SMS nor in email.

Here is what is in email. No account number, no PIN. As for SMS it says: Thank you for activating with PM., etc., etc. That is why I always argue when advises are - look in your welcoming email. There is Nothing there of sensitive info. Even when I changed PIN I did Not received it in SMS.

Meow_0-1647899153577.png

@dust2dust wrote:

hTideGnow: I can't find what might be the PIN in the email. Nor the phone number.

I wonder if some if e-mail messages are being confused with SMS messages.  The PIN is sent by text message but not e-mail.

@Meow wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

The account number was included in the welcome email when you activated if you still have it.

I tend to disagree. No account nor any other info (PIN, etc.) is included in welcome sign up message. Only last 4 digits of phone number.

Unless PM changed that since last year.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Meow: I use an email program. Not a webmail site. It could be called headers or source. Maybe it might be called raw.

@dust2dust wrote:

Thank you @dust2dust (end though I do Not like your user ID... 😱) but no matter what I try I cannot get that info. Using Firefox (older one) and I tried view page source, and all other tricks.

It will be nice to know how to see that info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

hTideGnow: I can't find what might be the PIN in the email. Nor the phone number.

HI @dust2dust   you are very technical.

So, the PIN is in the email, too?  I am looking thought my inbox now but no success so far

Meow: Look at the technical details of the welcome email and at the to line. But maybe they've changed it since last year.

From - date and time
X-Account-Key: whichever account
X-UIDL: some base64 stuff
X-Apparently-To: actualemailaddress@somedomainname; date and time +0000
Return-Path: <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of publicmobile.ca designates 208.38.59.78 as permitted sender)
X-YMailISG: some more base64 stuff
X-Originating-IP: [208.38.59.78]
Authentication-Results: receiving email server from=publicmobile.ca; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=publicmobile.ca; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO orkaan.nssi.telus.com) (208.38.59.78)
by receiving email server with SMTP; date and time +0000
Message-Id: <4782ce$mg5o5v@orkaan-i.nssi.telus.com>
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: more encoding
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="5.49,413,1520899200";
d="scan'208,217";a="755163327"
Received: from unknown (HELO RKDYNCRM1) ([96.1.138.227])
by orkaan-i.nssi.telus.com with ESMTP; date and time +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: "Public Mobile" <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
To: "100000########" <actualemailaddress@somedomainname>.........................<---------
Date: date and time
Subject: Your Public Mobile Activation Details
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Length: 13217

@dust2dust wrote:

The account number was included in the welcome email when you activated if you still have it.

I tend to disagree. No account nor any other info (PIN, etc.) is included in welcome sign up message. Only last 4 digits of phone number.

Unless PM changed that since last year.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

contact support agents by clicking the bubble on the bottom right of this page and try opening a ticket.

Else send a direct msg to CS_Agent and they ll be able to help you.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

The account might be only temporarily locked for an hour due to too many (5) attempts. You might want to wait an hour and try again.

If you are positive, you entered id/pass correctly before being locked out, try different browser.

If you still have issue logging in, try the Forgot password link to reset the password. You will need to answer security questions, though.

If you don't know the answer to the security questions, you can open a ticket with CSA to have it reset.

Yummy_0-1647878326515.png

fredatimpano285
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

from my public mobile acct

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean from your Public Mobile account or from a previous provider and you are trying to port that number over?

Need Help? Let's chat.