cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 15gb data pre month why is it saying I used it all ?

Adurocher585
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

12 REPLIES 12

@KamP wrote:

you will get notifications as you are using when you reach to 90% and so on.... so you will be notified your usage by text before you finished 100%. Did you get any notifications.  Also check your account for usage. Thanks

Please note that this information was provided a couple of hours earlier.  Unfortuantely, your numbers also aren't correct.  Thre reply above yours has the correct percentages of 75% and 95%.

KamP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

you will get notifications as you are using when you reach to 90% and so on.... so you will be notified your usage by text before you finished 100%. Did you get any notifications.  Also check your account for usage. Thanks

@Adurocher585 

Have you checked your self serve account for your actual usage? Did you get a text saying you have used 75% before the 95% usage text? These texts do get sent out in error sometimes. But you have to do some investigation on your part to get to the bottom of it....or not.

@Adurocher585 

@Adurocher585 wrote:

Through SMS I got a text saying I used 95% of my data

Sometimes Public mobile sends this warning text in error.

As mentioned above, check your self service account, in overview page under Data and Add ons section.  See whether you see your data tracker.  That is more accurate.  If you don't see your tracker, that means you ran out of data for this cycle.  

I will unmark your solution for now.  

Adurocher585

Through SMS I got a text saying I used 95% of my data

Adurocher585

Yes I don’t understand how I could have used it all when I’m always using my home wifi and I don’t do hotspoting 

@Adurocher585 

Without providing us with any additional info we cannot narrow down the issue but it sounds like your data counter did not reset upon renewal. If you recently went thru renewal then that is likely the cause. You can go back thru your daily usage pages and add up each days 2×12 hour blocks of reported data usage to your renewal date. If you have used far less than the 15gb then contact customer support to reset your data counter. Taking a screenshot of your overview page before and after renewal to catch these anomalies when they occur saves a lot of grief down the line.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Who or what says you used all your data allotment?
SMS? Or your account?

Please provide screenshot of your account.

Usually SMS are not exactly correct notifying of data usage.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Adurocher585  - look at your actual account to verify and look at the data used there.  Also when is your renewal date?  Can you let us know what it says for data usage?  I sometimes look at my history to see where I may have used some data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Adurocher585 Where does it tell you that they are all used?  Was it from the SMS ? or from My Account?   did you logon to My Account and at Overview Tab, My Data & Add-on, did it show a line about your 15gb Data ?

did you confirm the usage on the phone as well?  if you are on Android, check the Mobile Data page, make sure you change the cycle start date to the first date of your current cycle.  does it confirm that you used the data as well?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Adurocher585 ,

Would you please provide where you see it was all used?

If you are going by the usage on your phone, this may be inaccurate.

If it does not show up, than that usually means you used it all up.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Adurocher585 

Could you post a screenshot of your Self serve account Overview page? 

What do you see under My Data & Add-Ons ?

Edit: 15GB is a lot of data. It would be hard to miss if it just gone without you using it. Did you do any hotspotting?

Need Help? Let's chat.