cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the $10 RAF credit with autopay

SallyHao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I just joined PM and received the $10 RAF credit in my account recently. I wonder for my next payment, how will the $10 credit be used? I'm on a $25/month plan. Do I need to click the "add fund to my account" button to pay for an additional $15 credit before my next bill? Or with autopay I will get automatically deducted by the additional $15 from my credit card?

Also, I noticed that when they are rewarding me points, the tax I paid when I made the payment was not taken into consideration....

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Thank you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Although with the new self serve accounts I should probably add YMMV....?🤔

@darlicious  wrote:

"When you suspend via lost/stolen the date counter will remain at the same number until you reactivate and pay for another 30 days of service. This is also applied to discounts of $10 off for 6 months or other promotions that display a date counter."

Hmm...that's interesting and useful info for anyone with bonus data/credits.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

As far as the 3×points back promotion goes on your plan amount this is what is listed under the footnotes.....

²Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated.

As of August 16, 2022, 1 Public point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. By redeeming 15 points, you can save $15 off the price of your phone bill, applied to your next renewal. Minimum redemption of 15 points required to receive a bill credit. Public Points have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or any other benefits except under the Program.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

Yes you can to suspend your service for up to 89/90 days. My preferred method is to do this through the lost/stolen feature in your account. If you suspend before midnight Eastern on day 30 of your payment cycle your voicemail should remain active while suspended.

Through suspending via lost/stolen over the years on several different accounts I found that any promotion that has a month counter or unlimited expiry dates suspending your account will also suspend the counter of the promotion.

For example currently there is a promotion for a 2 GB of recurring plan data for 12 months. It will be listed in your account with a date counter of 1/12 months with each month of paid service ticking off the counter...2/12...3/12 and so on.....

When you suspend via lost/stolen the date counter will remain at the same number until you reactivate and pay for another 30 days of service. This is also applied to discounts of $10 off for 6 months or other promotions that display a date counter.

The 3×points (get back) promotion applies to your Rewards account. Unless there is a counter in your points rewards account then the promotion likely starts 12 months from your activation date and ends on your one year anniversary when you will receive your 10 points for your anniversary Rewards.

SallyHao

With this prepaid feature of PM, may I also say that it is possible to just intentionally stop my service for a few weeks when I know for sure I'm not going to need it during this period of time and then start paying again when I need the service again? By doing this, will I still be able to receive 3X reward points for 12 payment cycles? Or the 3X reward points will only be given for 12 calendar MONTHS?

@SallyHao wrote:

So I wonder what will happen to my services if I change it to manual payment and forget to pay? Will my phone services be temporarily suspended for a few days until I make the next payment then?

@SallyHao  Yes, PM is a prepaid provider and not postpaid.

By prepaid, it means you have to pay before you use it for the next 30 days.  If you missed the payment, service will be suspended

It might sound like inconvenient, but good thing for prepaid service is you won't get surprise billing.  You cannot accidentally used something that need to pay extra and you are not aware.  

Other type or service is postpaid.  Postpaid allows you to forget your payment, but they charge high interest rate for overdue amount.  Also with postpaid, you could have called a long distance calls, not aware but you would be charged for that

SallyHao

So I wonder what will happen to my services if I change it to manual payment and forget to pay? Will my phone services be temporarily suspended for a few days until I make the next payment then?

@softech wrote:

@SallyHao wrote:

Since I just joined PM a few days ago, I assume I'm on the new reward system and there is no need to mannually do anything with autopay authorized, right?

@SallyHao   There is now no extra advantage of Autopay.  The reason to use Autopay is the convenience, in case you missed the payment

If you decide to pay manually monthly, please be aware that PM is running on 30 days cycle, so the payment due day will change.  It will change after a 31 days month

SallyHao

I was calling it a lie simply because PM clearly stated on the plan details page on their website that for the $25 plan $3.75/mo will be earned in points value...

@SallyHao wrote:

Since I just joined PM a few days ago, I assume I'm on the new reward system and there is no need to mannually do anything with autopay authorized, right?

@SallyHao   There is now no extra advantage of Autopay.  The reason to use Autopay is the convenience, in case you missed the payment

If you decide to pay manually monthly, please be aware that PM is running on 30 days cycle, so the payment due day will change.  It will change after a 31 days month

SallyHao

@SallyHao   I disagree it is a lie

All points systems calculate points as the amount you paid, not the payment due amount.  You have $10 in your account, you are paying $15, so the points will be 3x 5% x $15

You don't get $10 like this every month.  Next month, when you are paying the full $25 amount, you will be getting the 3.75 points then

As long as you have a valid credit card on file, set to Autopay...you'll get the autopay reward. ..even if you manually pay before renewal date.

edit..

No $2 Autopay Rewards with new Points program.

SallyHao

Yeah I just saw that post as well. The propaganda on the PM website about 3X points back and $3.75/month for the $25/month plan seems to be a lie in that sense...

@SallyHao wrote:

Sorry but what do you mean by "no worry about tax at the payment page, PM will add tax on top of the $15"? Also, I remember that with autopay, there should be an additional $2 reward, right? But if I pay mannually, the $2 reward won't be available to me anymore, is that right?

@SallyHao  some people try to work out the the tax and manually put in the tax amount.  For your case, if you have $10 in Available Fund, you have $25 plan, just manually type $15 in the amount.  PM will charge you $15 + tax on your credit card

you are on the new reward system, you are early 5% Public points (in fact 3x for the first 12 months), with the new reward system, there is no $2 Autopay discount anymore.  You are early 5% points as a replacement

SallyHao

Sorry but what do you mean by "no worry about tax at the payment page, PM will add tax on top of the $15"? Also, I remember that with autopay, there should be an additional $2 reward, right? But if I pay mannually, the $2 reward won't be available to me anymore, is that right?

@SallyHao wrote:

Is there any way to save this $10 credit to be used later so that I can get 3X reward points also in next months? Or will I only be able to get 15% of the additional $15 that will be charged from my credit card?

@SallyHao   Another member brought up this topic too.  He tried different ways and confirmed NO, there is no way to put that $10 aside so you can take full advantage of the 3x rewards

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Points-back-system/m-p/887491/highlight/t...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

Unfortunately no.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SallyHao 

first, tax would not be calculated into points reward, that is normal for all rewards or cash back system

If you see $10 in your Available fund, you can go to Payment page and then pay by Amount Due manually, or you can also manually top up $15 (no worry about tax at the payment page, PM will add tax on top of the $15)

SallyHao

Is there any way to save this $10 credit to be used later so that I can get 3X reward points also in next months? Or will I only be able to get 15% of the additional $15 that will be charged from my credit card?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

Public mobiles payment system will always take from your available funds first to pay your plan amount. Any outstanding balance will then be charged to your payment card on file.

Need Help? Let's chat.