cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the number of rings for incoming calls?

Ray15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I increase the time I have to answer a call before it goes to message mode?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ray15 

the settings to number of rings is based on Conditional Forwarding, which might or might not work anymore depends on the phone, and that also needs support to manually help to refresh something on the account

But first of all, what phone do you have? is that a VoLTE whitelisted phone with PM?  If not, then sorry, nothing much you can do to change the # of rings

@Ray15 

it might or might not work depends on the VoLTE setup on your account.  Some people lost the Conditional forwarding after the introduction of VoLTE, but some same support able to fix it and they can apply the following fix.  So, try it first, if it does not work, open ticket with PM support and tell them your Conditional forwarding is not functioning and ask them if they can fix it

The number of rings is determined by the 'number of seconds to wait' before forwarding the call to your voicemail. Get your PM voicemail number from your Phone Dialer settings.

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

For one ring, enter 5.
For two rings, enter 10.
For three rings, enter 15.
For four rings, enter 20.
For five rings, enter 25.
For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

SAMPLE: *61*16475804001*11*20#[SEND or CALL] - sets your phone to ring four times (20 seconds) before going to your voicemail. Best to check mailbox.
( also technically, dialing *61*16475804001*11*20# can be shortened to *61*16475804001**20# since voice service is assumed)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ray15 

This was posted 4 years ago and was accepted as the Solution. Take a peek and give it a try. Not sure if this still works.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-to-extend-the-number-of-rings-of-inco...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ray15  Sorry I don’t believe you can unfortunately 

Need Help? Let's chat.