cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does the limited time 6g 23.00 a month deal last

sumosuzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently on the 1 G ish for 25.00 month plan.  It would make sense to switch to 6g for 23.00 a month while that lasts.  It's cheaper.  M But then once it's over I am afraid I not see any 1g per month plans.    I don't see any right now and I don't see the 19.00 one offered online on the website right now that is giving 1g of data.    So I am afraid if I switch I can't get back to about a 20.00, 25.00 price when they will raise the price of the 6g plan

How long do you you think the 6g plan lasts and do you think I will see a 1g plan again once I switch to the 6g one

sumosuzy_0-1727560958210.png

14 REPLIES 14

only those who have $15 plan will have the $20 offer. And lucky you have it

AveragePerson

I've seen the 6GB $23 plan since July.  If I were you, I would wait for a 1 or 3 GB plan for $20 or less.

AveragePerson

Do you see a 3GB  $20 plan?  That's the one I am switching to.

@sumosuzy wrote:

I am worried I will no longer have a 1g plan option after I switch to the 6g plan

Once you switch to new plan it should be YOUR plan 'forever'. PM does not (or least did not so far with some exceptions) forced you to change plan (except $10 to $13 plan to my best knowledge).

BUT once switched to higher plan some (or all) lower plans might become unavailable to you as PM would like you to switch up and up and up with no return. Chose wisely and chose what you REALLY need instead of want.

@sumosuzy wrote:

I am worried I will no longer have a 1g plan option after I switch to the 6g plan

You are correct. You will not be able to go back to that plan. They are phasing out 3G plans and no longer offer them. But the question is this. IF the plan is available to you, why would you want to keep an old 3G plan for $2 more a month when you can get 4G speeds and 6GB of data? I have NEVER EVER seen the price go up here at Public Mobile. I've been here for 6 years now and would you believe there are still people on the $9 plan offered over a decade ago? Because they don't raise prices here. What they do, do, is entice you, like they are now, offering you a better plan. Just saying, if the plan is available to you, you'd be missing a good deal.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sumosuzy, no one here can tell you if the plan you had will still be available, PM does not share that information with us. It's a bit of a risk that you take by switching. PM has changed the plans that they offer to each customer so that it's based on what their current plan is. For me, I'm on a $34 plan and if I want to switch I can only pick one plan that is cheaper than mine ($30) the rest are all more expensive, so they might do something similar to you... not necessarily the same priced options but very little options if any that are cheaper. Not sure if this information helps but unfortunately that's a change that Public Mobile has been doing now. Also, plans that are on the general website that say "Available for new activations only" will likely not show up on your account for available plans to choose from.

sumosuzy

Because I am worried when they raise the price after the limited time offer on the 6g plan there is no longer a plan (like a 1 g one)  in 25 dollar range .  They may be getting rid of some of the lower priced ones.  They got rid of the 15.00 one

@sumosuzy 

We are all members like you and we are not PM staff.

Promo plans are different for all members so just login to your account then on the Subscription tab>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription. It will list all the plans you are eligible for.

The old 3G 1gb plan is no longer available but why pay $2 more for slower data speed and 5gb less of data. 

hi @sumosuzy for those on $15 plan, there is the $20 3GB plan and $19 1GB choice, but those choices not available for people with other plan amount 

sumosuzy

would you mind seeing if you have a 1g option to switch to  currently if you have time?  I am afraid they will no longer offer me a 1g plan if I switch to the 6g one but it may be I am not seeing it cause I am already on a 1g plan

sumosuzy

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @sumosuzy 

Nobody really knows when they switch up plans. I understand you see this plan on the website, but have you opened up the app to see what offers are actually available to you? Give it a try. Open the app, manage subscription, change subscription...  don't worry, nothing will change unless you actually change it. And if the $23 plan is there and you want it, go for it. Just make sure you choose the change to be on the renewal date, this way you won't lose what you paid for.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sumosuzy 

Your guess is good as ours. I also switched from the $25 plan to the $23 plan last month…very happy with this deal.

I would suggest you jump on the deal before it is gone but switch on your next renewal date so you won’t be charge for the current plan and the new plan.

The $19 plan are for new activation members only and not for existing members.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @sumosuzy 

honesty , we are just customer like you and none of us would know the plan for PM

but if you have $25 for just 1GB and the $23 plan is available for you in My Account, change to it, nothing to loss

And which ever plan you have now, it is not very vigj chance to see plans lower than your current plan value 

Need Help? Let's chat.