cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the free 1 GB?

LIGHTWINGS_17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! 

I just got the free 1GB and 400 minutes of calling that Public Mobile was offering for the holidays...but I don't know how to use them. More specifically; how do I use that data (and calling) that I just got instead of the data and calling that is included in my plan? Can I switch back and forth between the two (my plan and the add on)?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

19 REPLIES 19

ao99

ok now just to figure out why the data stopped working...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ao99  I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. Public mobile is not a monthly plan. It's a 30 day plan.

Your screenshot that you posted shows what data you currently have left for the 30 days till your next renewal date. You used 299 of 1024 mb.

So if you use all that data up before your 30 days is over your 1gb promo will kick in. The 1gb promo will continue to rollover every 30 days until all used up.

So as example. Let's say you use all data on your 30 plan and the 1gb kicks in. You use 100mb of it then your 30 day plan renews. You would start back to using your data from the 30 day plan and your 1gb promo will show 100/1024. It will continue to show that until you need to use some of it again.

Under "change plan" if you click that "view usage" you can see last 90days of history.

Screenshot_20200501_084918.jpg

Some request actual 30 day bill from Public Mobile for tax purposes. No idea what it shows on that but the only way to ask for a bill is by opening a ticket with the moderators and asking them for it...I don't know if it would show you what you're looking for tho.

ao99

ya i had found that so there is no total per month like other service providers? or like historical bills i can pull up?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ao99 

Under change plan. There is another "view usage history link" if you click that one you will see calls, text and data..for data accessed it will say "web" and the time it was accessed as well as the amount of data used for that session.

Times in self serve are Eastern Standard Time

Screenshot_20200130_214204.jpg

ao99

no i can not set my phone to 30 days but anyway, there is data left acording to seltserve on the plan yet and the 1 gb  free shows there yet too

ao99_0-1588335046956.png

and is there anywhere i can see history usage?

@ao99 

Your phone is likely incorrect. Is it set to a 30 day plan, not monthly? Some phones can't be set to 30 day plans without a separate app.

Since the data add-on takes over automatically and since the last free 1Gb data add-on was given in Nov-Dec, have you checked that you haven't already used it all up?

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After your plan data has been used up then the add-on data should be automatically used.

ao99

i also have the 1gb promo and my data ran out but its not using it any tips well acually on self serve it looks like i have date left but my phone usage shows ive used bout 1 gb which is what my plan is for last month it happened too and when when i was in next billing cylce it worked again any ideas?

240Chris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Correct it does not expire and is used after you use up your paid data

240Chris

It is just like using your existing data, and gets used after your existing date is used up.  It does not expire.

Correct, no expiration date.

AE_Collector

elak

seems like the free add-ons have no expiration date!?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The PM gifts we all have access to do not expire and will be valid after your plan minutes and data have run out to use anytime you wish.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It would be used automatically once you are out of your data limit.
Same for Intl calling. The add-ons don't expire and you can check the balane in your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The 1GB bonus data will be used once you have used up your regular plan data and will remain in your account until depleted.  The LD minutes will start once you make a LD call to the listed countries and will remain in your account until they are used up.

roodeberg

Thanks for clarifying this. 

compactdisc

That is an extra data bucket, once you run out of your monthly data allowance, it will continue to use the Free 1GB until you run out. If you don't use all of your monthly quota, then you will still retain the Free 1GB. You cannot switch between them, it will be done automatically if you exceed your data limits for your plan.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you obtain them?

If you have unlimited calling you can use the minutes for international listed destinations (Canada and USA are on the list if you don't have unlimited to either)

To use data you would need data enabled phone, some flipphones can do it, but you'll need to configure it. If you already have smartphone, you should enable data to use it. If it's not working you should check your connection settings.

If you have an older phone and don't need data, it's ok it will not expire or leave your account, later on it will be available for you. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LIGHTWINGS_17 wrote:

Hello! 

I just got the free 1GB and 400 minutes of calling that Public Mobile was offering for the holidays...but I don't know how to use them. More specifically; how do I use that data (and calling) that I just got instead of the data and calling that is included in my plan? Can I switch back and forth between the two (my plan and the add on)?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

The 400 moinutes of calling is available if you need to make a call to one of the international countrys on the list. Also...if you're on a limited calling in Canada plan...you'll be able to call Caanada when your limited plan runs outta minutes.

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Need Help? Let's chat.