cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the free 1 GB?

LIGHTWINGS_17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! 

I just got the free 1GB and 400 minutes of calling that Public Mobile was offering for the holidays...but I don't know how to use them. More specifically; how do I use that data (and calling) that I just got instead of the data and calling that is included in my plan? Can I switch back and forth between the two (my plan and the add on)?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

compactdisc

That is an extra data bucket, once you run out of your monthly data allowance, it will continue to use the Free 1GB until you run out. If you don't use all of your monthly quota, then you will still retain the Free 1GB. You cannot switch between them, it will be done automatically if you exceed your data limits for your plan.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LIGHTWINGS_17 wrote:

Hello! 

I just got the free 1GB and 400 minutes of calling that Public Mobile was offering for the holidays...but I don't know how to use them. More specifically; how do I use that data (and calling) that I just got instead of the data and calling that is included in my plan? Can I switch back and forth between the two (my plan and the add on)?

Thank you! Smiley Happy

The 400 moinutes of calling is available if you need to make a call to one of the international countrys on the list. Also...if you're on a limited calling in Canada plan...you'll be able to call Caanada when your limited plan runs outta minutes.

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you obtain them?

If you have unlimited calling you can use the minutes for international listed destinations (Canada and USA are on the list if you don't have unlimited to either)

To use data you would need data enabled phone, some flipphones can do it, but you'll need to configure it. If you already have smartphone, you should enable data to use it. If it's not working you should check your connection settings.

If you have an older phone and don't need data, it's ok it will not expire or leave your account, later on it will be available for you. 

compactdisc

That is an extra data bucket, once you run out of your monthly data allowance, it will continue to use the Free 1GB until you run out. If you don't use all of your monthly quota, then you will still retain the Free 1GB. You cannot switch between them, it will be done automatically if you exceed your data limits for your plan.

roodeberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for clarifying this. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The 1GB bonus data will be used once you have used up your regular plan data and will remain in your account until depleted.  The LD minutes will start once you make a LD call to the listed countries and will remain in your account until they are used up.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It would be used automatically once you are out of your data limit.
Same for Intl calling. The add-ons don't expire and you can check the balane in your account.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The PM gifts we all have access to do not expire and will be valid after your plan minutes and data have run out to use anytime you wish.

elak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

seems like the free add-ons have no expiration date!?

Correct, no expiration date.

AE_Collector