cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I start paying for my plan before or after I get my free SIM card?

sakurachan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to sign up for the 15 dollar a month plan but I need to know if I start paying for the plan before or after I get the SIM card in the mail. I don't want to be paying for a service I cannot use yet. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Neil11 wrote:

Your best is buying bet is buying a physical sim card from a koodo/telus store or a mobile klinic store. Then contact CS_AGENT and they will credit you the cost of the sim $11.30 (10+tax).

There's isn't any way to know for sure if a customer support agent will agree to the above.  Arrangements need to be made before the SIM card is purchased.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your best is buying bet is buying a physical sim card from a koodo/telus store or a mobile klinic store. Then contact CS_AGENT and they will credit you the cost of the sim $11.30 (10+tax).

HI @sakurachan 

true, they are offering free sim card now.

So, you will have to activate first, paid and then choose the option to ship (free only for delivery).  No worries, most people get the sim within a week

and service cycle won't really start until you got the sim card and complete the rest of the activation 

sakurachan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But I want the free SIM card that comes with a plan. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sakurachan 

why don't you get a sim card first?  The $15 plan should be here and won't go ahead

Get a Public Mobile sim from Telus or Koodo store or get it via Amazon (cheaper and faster)

After you have the sim card, then you download the Public Mobile app and subscribe then, all in one shot and no confusion

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You paid when you subscribed

but the cycle will only start after you got the Sim card.  When you receive the sim card, use the PM app and complete the activation

but better to get the sim card from store first, faster. and no wait needed

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sakurachan 

Nope, you will not be charged. Once you activate the SIM card then you will be charged.

Then download the PM app and activate the SIM.

Please note if you order from PM, it may take up to 3 weeks or you can pick one up at Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store but you will have to pay for the SIM.

Amazon at sale at a lower price and faster shipping.

Need Help? Let's chat.