Did you mean: 

Helping transfer my number from koodo to public Mb

AA7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to transfer an existing koodo prai

36 REPLIES 36

AA7

I used to be before Public mobile membership…could you please check if you can reactive my account number,thanks.

AA7

Yes, the number that I need to transfer is for the koodo service.

AA7

Not koodo account or PM …they need public account number so that they can help me for the setup…thanks.

@AA7 this is something you have to call Koodo.  Koodo has support number, call them 

AA7

Was koodo number.

@AA7 are they asking for Koodo account number?  or PM account number?

AA7

I just called them they tried nothing works until you help to set account number then they will be able to help me,that what they said…thanks.

@AA7 which contact number was suspended?? was that the Koodo number/account got suspended??

AA7

Not yet, my contact number was suspended that why the message was sent but I couldn’t see it, thanks.

@AA7 you need help to find to Koodo Account number or help to let PM knows the porting info?

You activated with PM with a temporary number yet?

Add:. I sent your the porting team nimber before.  If you got the PM account activated and got the temperory number, and just need to provide your Koodo account number, then call the porting team.  Even you have trouble finding the Koodo account number, the porting team might be able to help, maybe provide them IMEI instead 

AA7

I need help to set my account number and information and registration, thanks.

AA7

I was asked to give me the temporarily number and account number to be able to access my information and get fixed, thanks.

AA7

Not yet, I have been asked to bring the account number, please I need it so that the problem will be fixed, thanks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AA7   

If you are in Prepaid, did you successfully activate your line yet?

you only activate your line first before you open ticket with PM CS agent for help with poritng from Koodo Prepaid.  Let us know which step you are at

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AA7 

After you activate you then have to contact customer support to transfer your Koodo number over to your public mobile account. There's a special process when you have a suspended Koodo account. Customer support will help with that.

AA7

Okay, thanks I will sir, have the blessed night sir.

@AA7 

on your previous post, you said yoe had koodo prepaid account.  So, you need to activate with  new number first.  Did you do that yet?

AA7

No, I didn’t because my number is suspended 

AA7

It was February 7

AA7

I did not get any notifications 

carlaspapa

Happy to help! Thanks that's my first solution ever!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Edit: I see that the process has changed these days,  I'm sure by the time I post this someone else will link you with the appropriate information.

carlaspapa

Did you reply yes to the permission text from Koodo to transfer your phone number to pm?

AA7

My contact number is not accepted to be transferred from koodo to public mobile but I paid already for the public mobile 

@AA7 wrote:

Prepaid

@AA7   haha.. Prepaid or Postpaid?

Again, if Prepaid, you will have to activate with a new phone number first, make sure it works, then open ticket with PM support for help with the porting form koodo prepaid

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Transferring A Number From TELUS, Koodo Or PC Mobile?
If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see instructions above).
If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Rqg6DB  in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AA7  Ok sorry , so then it this case you need to activate sim with temp phone number then open ticket with support to transfer number for you 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

@AA7 wrote:

Post paid 

@AA7   for postpaid, it is easy, you can then activate a new line and request porting in your number.  You will have better success to provide your Koodo account number for porting information and not IMEI   .

AA7

Prepaid

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AA7  So it’s post paid ? Then you can port easily without help from support as @softech  and @popping @mentioned  … also be sure to read over the link @hairbag1  posted to you also and here a bit more infor on porting your number 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.