cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

JRZ1018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am waiting for number transfer from old carrier to public mobile,and there is no cellular signal at all right now.I can’t make phone call and message.Is there any agent can contact me by email?Thank you for helping 

6 REPLIES 6

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep your old SIM in even after replying 'Yes' to the Port Request message until it loses reception, once it loses reception the port will be completed and your number will be transferred to Public Mobile. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@JRZ1018 

Is your issue that you have no cellular services via your old provider or public mobile? Do you currently only have wifi? Try enabling chat features in your messaging app to see if the PAT (porting authorization text) will arrive using wifi. If  it's not recieved within a few minutes of enabling RCS (chat) then your other option if you are still within the 90 minute window of authorizing the port request would be to call** your old provider? This can be done by contacting customer support or calling the telus/koodo porting department with your old providers account #. Then call** to verbally authorize the port request if you still cannot recieve/send texts.

Do wnload a voip app like fongo or textnow and sign up choosing a Canadian phone # to use for free on wifi in the meantime. Welcome to Public Mobile !

** Reply if you need the porting department phone # sent to your private message box?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JRZ1018 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

Hopefully you can borrow a phone to call this number.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.  Alternatively, if you tap your avatar on the pull down your messages may be there.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you initiate number transfer you have to leave OLD SIM in your phone and reply YES on SMS you receive from Old provider. You will have 90 minutes to reply or request will fail.

After that you can use PM SIM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JRZ1018 

your Public mobile sim cannot connect or your old carrier?  You got a text from your old carrier and replied yes?

if only your PM sim card cannot connect, please submit a ticket with CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.