cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with making a payment

Jessicaphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My auto pay with my Amex was not charged there for my line was cut off.  I need to make a payment and cannot log on …. Please call me 

17 REPLIES 17

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Assuming all the cards are entered correctly, the issue may be a glitch on PM’s side in which case you’d need to contact customer service or that there was an issue with their credit card processing service. Best of luck and hope you’re problems with be solved soon.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have no services then create a ticket or send a direct msg to CS_Agent and then pay for your plan by applying a voucher to get the services back and let them find out what is the issue with Credit card on file and other credit cards getting declined if cards are getting declined even in incognito mode after logging out and log back in.

@Jessicaphone  - I am curious though....are you with OR without services?

If you have services, and you are seeing your SELF SERVE account say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. Then no need to make a payment.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

OR, if you have no services, Do not Select Amount Due, but rather try selecting the "Other" option under the Payment Type field. Will payment go through then?

But, yes, I tend to think with so many tries today you likely alerted Public Mobile fraud alert. This should clear itself after a waiting period. I suppose CSA's may be able to bypass that for you. OR wait to try again in the morning.

@Jessicaphone 

You can only try to add a new card or attempt a payment twice before getting the declined error message. Wait one full hour before trying again. Then follow this method to update your card info.

Spoiler

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Clear the cache on your browser and go on incognito. Make sure your CC wasn’t charged.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like you need to pay some bills 🤣 joking!

@Jessicaphone 

you've tried too many times. check your private messages to see if customer support has replied to your issues

speakout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

make sure name on account with Public Mobile matches the same on billing info on your credit cards.  

@Jessicaphone wrote:

I’ve been trying to make a payment.  I’ve tried 4 or 5 different cards.  What could be the issue.  All saying declined. This morning my usual method of pre pay was declined for no reason. 

@Jessicaphone 

Just making sure...did you cancel or do a chargeback with your credit card company soon after activation because you saw a 'Koodo' charge on it?

Some cases were reported like this...fyi Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile; and for some reason when activating the first charge says "Koodo", which can cause some issues if customers think this is fraudulent.

If this is your situation, contact Customer Support Agents CSA and let them know what happened.

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If not, ignore above and let's see what else it could be.

Are your services currently working?

@Jessicaphone 

Try clearing your browser cache/history and then open a new window in incognito. Chrome or edge browser works well.

Jessicaphone

I’ve been trying to make a payment.  I’ve tried 4 or 5 different cards.  What could be the issue.  All saying declined. This morning my usual method of pre pay was declined for no reason. 

@Jessicaphone 

You can double check your email address by clicking on your icon and go to My Profile>Private Stats on the top of this page.

Your password for the Community should be different from your Self Serve account…lots of password to remember.

Try to login to your Self Serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessicaphone wrote:

I’m trying even to login to my account. It says it doesn’t recognize my cell number or I already have an account. I use my email to log on them it says it won’t accept my email. 

@Jessicaphone : that sounds like you're over on the right side of the page. You need to login to an existing account on the left side. (just in case you're having some confusion with that)

@Jessicaphone you can try to see if you can manually load fund using *611 on the phone, but you will need your 4 digits PIN for that.

for access to My Account, please open a ticket with PM support so they can reset it for you:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Forgot Login Informatoin" , click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jessicaphone wrote:

My auto pay with my Amex was not charged there for my line was cut off.  I need to make a payment and cannot log on …. Please call me 

@Jessicaphone  - have you been active within 90 days? Then making a payment to get services going is your method to get you up and running.

Did you try the Forgot your Password  option? 

Also try clearing cache/cookies or your device or going incognito mode.

If you had too many failed attempts (there could just be a temporary lock on your account) wait 1/2 hour before trying again.

If you never created an account before you can register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If still issues after all this, ask Customer Support (CSA) for assistance.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jessicaphone

I’m trying even to login to my account. It says it doesn’t recognize my cell number or I already have an account. I use my email to log on them it says it won’t accept my email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessicaphone : Do you know your 4 digit PIN? You would have made it yourself if you activated yourself online. It could also still be in your texts from 611.

You can use the 611 service and your PIN to make a payment from the registered payment card.

You can also buy vouchers from many stores or online and use the 611 service to redeem them. No PIN for those.

You can also do Instant Top-Up in a few stores.

Then figure out the login after contacting the CSA's. They won't call you.

Need Help? Let's chat.