cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no service at all after port my phone number from Rogers. Please help!

CB208
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello:

I activated my physical PM SIM card and started porting phone number 11 hours ago. I did receive a SMS text from previous service provider Rogers and I did authorize the transfer. Everything was smooth until this point. Now 11 hours later, my Rogers service is no longer available which was expected, but the problem is I have no any service with Public Mobile at all. I can't make any outbound calls, can't receive any inbound calls, can't send or receive SMS text, if I turn off WIFI, there is no cellular data although I can see 'LTE' on right top corner, nothing is working. I can't login PM APP or via a PC so I'm unable to submit a ticket. I did send a private message to CS_Agent, but it's been over 10 hours, no response at all. I've reviewed tons of community postings, couldn't find a technical support phone number. About 2 years ago, I switched one of my family's cell phone to Public Mobile, experienced the similar issue, but Public Mobile was able to send me a technical support phone number via SMS text, now I can't receive any SMS so I guess that option doesn't work for me. What else can I do? Is 'waiting for a private message response from customer support agent' the only thing I can do? I am panicking! Please help! Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

CB208

Customer Support was able to fix the issue quickly. They were checking my account and noticed that due a system issue, the account wasn't activated in the back end. Reason why the services weren't working and the log in was disabled. They already fix it. I tested everything so far so good, all seems working fine. 

CB208

Thanks all for the help. CS_agent just replied, we are going through the account authentication process right now. Finger crossed, hope it won't take too long to identify the issue and fix it. 

CB208

I called the porting team you PM me, thanks! They need either PM account number or a temp PM phone number to locate my info. They told me they couldn't find my phone number in their system. CS_Agent just replied, we are going throuhg authentication process, hope it won't take too long to identify the isuse and fix it. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CB208   Customer service hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. eastern time so that's likely part of the delay in getting a response.

@eddieO 

@eddieO wrote:

Have you tried restarting your phone? I can send you the number to the porting team which should be able to figure out what went wrong. Check you inbox in the upper right corner

It should not be a porting issue since the customer does not have any service at all with Public mobile.  Looks like that Public mobile has not set up the account properly.  If porting issues, the customer should be able to have data, and able to have outgoing calls and texts.  Just unable to receive calls and texts. 

Likely needs to wait for customer service agent help.  Porting team unable to help deal with PM account issues. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CB208 

You should get a response hopefully this morning from CSA.  They don't work overnight.  

Here is some basic troubleshooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

Try your PM SIM card in another working phone.  This will help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Check your private message inbox for response from CSA. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried restarting your phone? I can send you the number to the porting team which should be able to figure out what went wrong. Check you inbox in the upper right corner

Need Help? Let's chat.