cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A06 phone when travelling getting "not regisered on Network" error

sheaves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using a Galaxy A06 phone and have no issues at home (1 hour east of Toronto) but am traveling and now in Marathon ON my phone gets "not registered on Network" error when trying to call and also can not send/receive texts. When I check connections - mobile networks I have LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) checkmarked but there is nothing beside the signal strength bars on the top right of the home screen. Internet search shows there are available networks here (Bell, Telus, Rogers) and my wife's PM phone (Samsung J3) works fine here and shows LTE beside the signal strength bars.

I have tried rebooting the phone, resetting the phone, manually changing to 3G network all without success.

Just before this trip I did an update on the phone (the phone asked me to do the update).

6 months ago we updated my wife's J3 phone to ensure it would do the LTE network. On an internet search at that time, we read that my newer A06 phone was supposed to support LTE and did not need an update.

How do I get my phone registered and working again?

Thanks,  Terry

15 REPLIES 15

True @computergeek541 . Just checked and confirmed

but OP has a dual sim version, SM-A032F/DS, so it is non Canadian version and the phone's band is not fully compatible 

@softech wrote:

hi @sheaves 

what exact model is your A03S?? SM-A037U? or others?

A03S is not a true Canadian model of phone and hence does not have all the bands PM uses. While it will work, like it has been working at your usual location, you will get some connection issue when you move around.  Try connect again at different locations and you should see it connects.

Also, to confirm it is device issue, you can also test your wife's sim on your A03s

The Galaxy A03S is a model that is sold through officai channels and distributed by Samsung Canada.  However, there are different regional versions of the A03S.

@sheaves yours is a relatively new phone, 2 years old only. So, if you can stand some connectivity issues as it is only partially compatible, you can keep it for now. But if you cannot stand it's then get a true Canadian version of phone for best connection 

sheaves

!!! My wife also just suggested it is time to upgrade my phone!

Terry   😂

sheaves

My A03s is model SM-A032F/DS.

I will check the phone with my wife's sim card in it to confirm it is a phone hardware issue.  We are happy that her phone works where my is not connecting up. Hoping it is just that we are in a remote near north Ontario location that has my phone out of service.

Thanks for all your help.

Terry

@sheaves  I don’t know what else to suggest sorry hopefully someone else comes along with another tip or trick to try , but it might be time to upgrade the phone 

hi @sheaves 

what exact model is your A03S?? SM-A037U? or others?

A03S is not a true Canadian model of phone and hence does not have all the bands PM uses. While it will work, like it has been working at your usual location, you will get some connection issue when you move around.  Try connect again at different locations and you should see it connects.

Also, to confirm it is device issue, you can also test your wife's sim on your A03s

sheaves

Hi Handy1,

I found my reset (not quite same as in the video) it was under Settings - System - Reset  which gave me the options to reset the network settings or reset the factory data reset.  I did the reset network settings, still no connection to the network.

NB I am using a laptop on a friends wifi connection to access the PM community.

Terry

@sheaves  Here’s a you tube video on how to , watch in wife’s phone and follow along with your phone 

https://youtu.be/MoOiNUCcmq4?si=QumgGJ8DdYwqSz4V

sheaves

I had tried 3G only before, but just tried it again without success.

When you say "reset network settings" how does one do that? I seem only able to select 3G only network, there is no network settings options or screens on my phone...

Terry

@sheaves  Ok so it’s not an account issue rather a device issue or setting in phone . Try network to 3G only and reset network settings . See if that helps 

add @sheaves  here’s how to reset network settings 

resetting your network settings. Swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the

Settings icon > scroll to and select General management > select Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings > select Reset to confirm.

sheaves

A small correction to my original post - my phone is a Galaxy A03s core phone (not an A06)

Terry

sheaves

Hi Handy1 and Kenneth,

with my sim card put in my wifes phone, her phone works and shows her same LTE/... networks.

My plan is paid up on monthly prepaid plan so it is active, in network settings - connections - mobile networks - network mode - I only have the options of LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)  or 3G/2G (auto connect) or 3G only  or 2G only.   I do not see a Public Mobile option to select.  Am I missing where to go to get to network settings?

After reinstalling my sim card, still get same not registered on network error.

Terry

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sheaves  If you  put your sim card in your wife’s phone does it work ? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sheaves 

As long as your plan is active (paid) then when you go to network settings, turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile then reboot. 

Need Help? Let's chat.