cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to buy data and if expires?????

Tabman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already have over 1GB data. Our Internet at home is dead for few days. I work from home. I can manage (coffee shope/family houses etc) but work suggested I buy data and they will cover it. So I just paid $33.90 for 3GB and it says 30 days only ?!!?

Question: Which will be used first. My remaining non-expiry data first or the data I was just forced to buy? If my non-expiry data gets used first, that means I just wasted my data for absolutely nothing...and demand a refund. 

13 REPLIES 13

VeryDiscouraged

True, I was about to switch to that plan a few months ago but lost interest wading through the new and unimproved points plan.

hi @VeryDiscouraged if you constantly run out of data with 250Mb, $25 is a natural move 

VeryDiscouraged

Similar situation.

Just checked and they are using up my 250mb before switching back to the add-on. So when the add on expires I will have no data available.

(Bought the 3gb and then realized that they switched it to 30day plans)

Time to start looking for a new plan.

Tabman

I work remotely there is no work wifi

Very valid point. Other option is to just open another account with a much higher data limit with your work email and address. Just forward your calls to the temp number, then remove your personal SIM card and put in the new one as a temp solution. If work is paying that is.

@Tabman 

If you logged into your work WiFi and if you have automatic connect enabled. You will connect to the work WiFi whenever you are within WiFi zone!😉

Tabman

My plan is $15 with $15 credits (10 referrals+loyalty) so I don't pay. I don't use much data. Work will only cover this 1 instance not every month. I don't want to change my plan. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

In all honesty, if work is paying for it, I'd change over to one of the 50GB package and have it change immediately. Then when your internet is back up and running, change it to whatever plan you want but have it start on the next billing cycle. Then again, that really depends if you don't care what package your on now. Another option is just go grab another service provider that has the unlimited data. Just grab a SIM card and use that for a month. 

KennethJAdams_0-1693669229453.png

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

What type of work do you plan to be doing from home? If you're using your phone as a hotspot and connecting your computer, 4GB isn't going to be nearly enough. 

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's definitely a good question, which I have wondered about. I ran into a similar situation last weekend with the ISP being down due to a power outage at a different location. Fortunately I hardly use any data, and had no issue using my phone as a hotspot.

Would your work consider helping to pay for a better plan to cover incidents such as this?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tabman 

It will use up your regular data first then the add-on data then your bonus data.

Best to contact a CS_Agent to have the add-on used up first or a credit refund by private messaging at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Tabman

Which data addon will be used first?

My non expiring 1-2GB I bought before?

The one public gave for free (also non expiring)?

This one with expiry date? The one with expiry date SHOULD be used first imho.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Tabman , The data add-on will be used first and is only valid for 30 days from the purchase date. I've listed some links below for additional information. You can monitor your data usage and the buckets of data from your online account.

Data Add-Ons:
If this applies to you, from May 8, 2023, purchased data add-ons are valid for 30 days, and:
If you change your plan your data add-on will fall off and no longer be valid. You will have to purchase a new add-on:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/data-add-ons

Manage Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/manage-your-data-usage

Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.