cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Text not working

Al11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has been asked before. There doesn't seem to be a lot of tech support on the previous posts. I'm using xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com and it WAS working before and I'd get a text from 999-999-9999. But the past couple of days it stopped working.

I checked 2 email sources (tested my private outlook and my work email client)

I also tried pulling my sim card and restarting my phone multiple times... 

I also tried xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mb.telus.com 

despite these efforts, I still don't get any 999-999-9999 texts. Anyone experiencing the same? I 

17 REPLIES 17

@GR 

yes, Rogers discontinued the email to text as of May 31, 202.  But email to text still working for me, texted and received the text no problem.

You tried the different sms and mms domains?

GR
Mayor / Maire

I don't know if this helps but I have a Rogers work phone and June 30 they discontinued the email to text service.  I get my fire department calls thru I am responding app and also a text and now we can't get text.  I just tried my public phone and my wife's phone and we can't get a text thru msg.telus.com either and nothing on the account from 999 999 9999  so I don't know what's going on with all this. 

Al11

I have sent them a detailed message about it. Hopefully they can do something. 

The ticket system is broken so you need to use the private message option at

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Al11

really stupid question... how do I message support on PubMobile? seems like this provider is so lean in staff that everything is chatbots. How do I submit a ticket in? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yeah that worked for me too. From an email client. But again, are you putting something in the subject line? It may not matter but maybe it wants to use mms.

Al11

I'm using outlook. the to: field in the email is xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com which has worked completely fin for a long time except for this week after thursday. No forwarding rules or any new spam filters that I have done recently. 

@Al11 are you actually using a typing the email to text through one mail client/browser? or you are setting up some automated email to text thing or use forwarding rules?

there was another post couple months ago, people was trying to forward email to text and failed. it was apparently a spam filter on the mailbox blocking the forwarding rule

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/MMS-Messages-Selective-Delivery/m-p/95903...

Al11

I see 'some' 999-999-9999 msgs, but I confirmed those are from my door sensors from telus security.. and not the ones I'm trying from email to txt. 

@Al11 if you check the usage log on My Account, do you see it showing anything coming from 999-999-9999??

Al11

it's weird because it was working for quite some time before this week. 

Al11

yes and some body text as well to test and nothing. 

Al11

tried these and non work unfortunately. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Al11   just sent one to me and received from  that 999-999-9999 phone number

not sure you will get any help from support, I think even Koodo and Telus, this is a secret/hidden feature.  Important thing is it is an unsupported feature, for sure unsupported feature here. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Al11 

are you Juku1? 

if not, there was another post couple days ago

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-send-email-to-text/m-p/1011027/high...

It is working for me, just tested couple days ago

Try all these domains

MMS Domain:
@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

SMS Domain:
 @msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you adding a subject line in that email out?

Need Help? Let's chat.