cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from public mobile

dasbhanu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got email from public mobile

Missed a payment? Your Public Mobile account is in suspend.

I do not have any active account with public mobile. Please let me know who is using my email address. 
16 REPLIES 16

Jk268
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At first I fear to click the subject line that there probably is the virus coming out. But I listen to  you and click the subject line this time. Then I saw the Report button and Delete button. I reported it and deleted it.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jk268 wrote:

I am using Windows 10 on my computer and Google Chrome. As I said just when I click the Message icon the content applear right away. I didn't click the title. But there is a title it said : Best awesome reward offer for December 2020, Here is your chance, Try your luck. It asked me to go to www.getnetflix.live

The list shows who the message was from and then below that the subject line and then below that the text.

Click on the subject line and the whole of the private message will show. Then you should see the options to report and delete.

privatemessagelist.JPG

Jk268

I am using Windows 10 on my computer and Google Chrome. As I said just when I click the Message icon the content applear right away. I didn't click the title. But there is a title it said : Best awesome reward offer for December 2020, Here is your chance, Try your luck. It asked me to go to www.getnetflix.live

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jk268 wrote:

In that PM it said that it will give me a gift. I need to go to another website to get this gift. This was coming from Bearl that he became the member Just to-day. I feel that is not safe. I want to delete it but as I said there is no way to delete it.

What device and browser are you using? I see all those buttons in my desktop/laptop Windows 10 Firefox and Android 10 mobile Firefox.

Edit: oh...maybe...have you clicked on the subject line to view it fully? This is not email so it won't behave the same as an email might when you open it.

Jk268

In that PM it said that it will give me a gift. I need to go to another website to get this gift. This was coming from Bearl that he became the member Just to-day. I feel that is not safe. I want to delete it but as I said there is no way to delete it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jk268 wrote:

Hi Sir,

I am sure this is Private Message.

I log in to Community, click the envelope icon and it appear the content. In the top it said : Private Message. I can send you the photo but I don't know how.

Now we would believe you. Private messaging on these kinds of forums is not technically email per se. If your settings are set as such, you will get a notification email from here saying you got a private message. But that email is not the contents of the private message.

Do you not see all of these options?

privatemessage.JPG

Jk268

Hi Sir,

I am sure this is Private Message.

I log in to Community, click the envelope icon and it appear the content. In the top it said : Private Message. I can send you the photo but I don't know how.

@Jk268 wrote:

Computergeek541 said if you received a suspicious PM just simply delete it. But how? This is NOT the solution. 

I just received a suspicious PM to day. When I read the content. There is no Report button and no Delete button at all. How?

The question was about an e-mail message, not a private message. When people receive e-mail messages that are clearly not inteneded for them or are not from the reported sender, deleting the messages without taking any further actions such as clicking on a link and entering information such as passwords is one of the safest things to do. As to how to delete an e-mail messages, that depends completely on the e-mail application or website.

Jk268

Computergeek541 said if you received a suspicious PM just simply delete it. But how? This is NOT the solution. 

I just received a suspicious PM to day. When I read the content. There is no Report button and no Delete button at all. How?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@dasbhanu wrote:

I do not have any active account with public mobile. Please let me know who is using my email address. 

Hi @dasbhanu welcome to Public Mobile forums.  I don't think Public Mobile sends email to customers that their account is suspended.  I would think they send sms.  Anyway, as already suggested above, if there is a link, DO NOT click it.  

Happy holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dasbhanu wrote:

@dasbhanu  Phishing or email error either way ignore it.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dasbhanu 

I have people using one of my emails so much that i just abandoned it, it's just a first name and i was receiving lots of emails for people with that name, some very personal too. That email is also recovery email for 10s of emails with the similar name in it.

Anybody can use it when they sign up by mistake, and i doubt that a Publicmobile employee would be permitted to share any information about any customer.

Now another thing would be if somebody is trying to fish your login info and send you a link that that seems like public mobile link and hope you would try to log in using it so they could pick up your login info, then highjack your account swap their sim for yours then highjack your banking accounts associated with your phone. I would highly suggest in similar cases not to click on the links from any sms messages or emails, even if you receive them from what looks like your provider, but go directly to their website if possible even from a different device.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dasbhanu wrote:

Sounds like a typing error all right.

While you're here...have a look at Public Mobile plans. There may be a plan in here that you could use.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It was probably sent in error.

You can send a private message to a moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dasbhanu wrote:

Someone could have entered your email by mistake.

Contact a moderator:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@dasbhanu wrote:

Someone likely typed the incorrect address. Sicne you're not a customer, I would simply delete the message.  It's also possible that this message isn't really from Public Mobile, especially if there is a link to click on asking for a a password.

Need Help? Let's chat.