cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this your phone? Trying to track down owner.

Emlopez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
I'm trying to return a cell phone that I found to it's rightful owner.

The phone is locked and the sim card is still active. if you can identify this wallpaper, please don't hesitate to contact me. 

IMG_0536.jpg

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Emlopez 

If you can locate or get the phone's IMEI number, enter it below:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada - DeviceCheck.ca

If can only get to the SIM, you'll know which carrier and can provide SIM number to carrier and/or drop off to local carrier location.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder that the owner has since reported it as lost to whoever their provider is.

I'm sure someone here can read that screen anyway.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Emlopez 

Thank you for looking for the owner.

Keep it charged so that you can answer the call if the owner or her/his friends call her/his number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Emlopez , great to see the honesty!  If the phone has IMEI information on the back, you could contact the moderator team and they would be able to track down the account owner by cross referencing to connection information on the network.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner to initiate a support ticket with the moderator team.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Emlopez this is great that you trying to find the owner.  Do you know if it has a Public Mobile SIM in it?  

Knowing that the sim is active you could place in your phone and get the phone number that is associated with that sim as well to help in the search

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

How do you know it's someone that has Public Mobile? Did you check the sim card?

If the sim card is from Public Mobile. Maybe you can write to moderators (they work for Public Mobile) and they can track down the owner via the sim card number. (Just a thought)

Mods can be private messaged at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.