cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM Suddenly Stopped Working

Delphable
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I've had little to no problems with my ESIM so far. Today I woke up and suddenly my ESIM wasn't working. No signal, no data or anything. I've tried resetting the network settings, restarting my phone, resetting the APN to default, etc. Nothing is working. I'm with someone else on Public who's data and network is working just fine. Not sure what to do?

16 REPLIES 16

Delphable

Hi all, 

Thanks so much for all of your help, I'm reaching out to an Agent now.

@Delphable wrote:

1000020263.jpg

 Purchased a new ESIM for 5.60$ and installed it. It still isn't working 😭

@softech wrote:

@Delphable 

Your account already setup, you don't transfer your number again.  You need to login to PM app using the same email login as before and rebuy mew eSIM for free. Login to My Account, Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Your suggesting she purchase a 3rd eSIM?? 

@Delphable 

Your account already setup, you don't transfer your number again.  You need to login to PM app using the same email login as before and rebuy mew eSIM for free. Login to My Account, Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Delphable 

You tried all the common troubleshooting advice. Likely need to contact customer service agent. 

Submit a ticket via the chatbot:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@Delphable wrote:

I ported my number from Freedom in June of 2023. I tried transferring the number to the new ESIM but it says I cannot port this number? I'm guessing cause it was already set as an ESIM.

1000020269.jpg

OK. It's not "porting" you're doing, you're just transferring eSIM to eSIM which is still kind of weird. Perhaps you should reach out to a CS Agent and get them to adjust your account with the new eSIM number. You will have to reboot your phone once they've resolved it for you. And then also talk to them about a credit to your account for the new purchase. 

Just click the bottom right corner chatbox and enter the words Customer Service and follow the prompts.

Delphable

I ported my number from Freedom in June of 2023. I tried transferring the number to the new ESIM but it says I cannot port this number? I'm guessing cause it was already set as an ESIM.

1000020269.jpg

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

One thing that hasn't been brought up yet is this. Did you just recently port over from another service provider in the last 60 days? If so, do you still have the SIM card? If so, try putting it into your phone and see if you have service. I have seen some older service providers take their number back because the original port didn't work. If you have ported over the last 60 days, try reaching out to your old service provider to see if your account is still active. Just trying to hit every other option not provided so far.

Delphable

1000020267.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Delphable 

Public mobile should not have charged you if you had eSIM before. 

Just to be on the safe side, maybe check to see if your device is blacklisted for some reason:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@Delphable 

Looks like you purchased an eSIM on your existing account. You need to transfer the existing SIM number to the eSIM for it to work and reboot your phone. Just go to Account tab>Change SIM Card Number.

IMG_0213.png

Or you should have gotten an email with the QR code of the eSIM so you can scan it on your phone.

Delphable

1000020263.jpg

 Purchased a new ESIM for 5.60$ and installed it. It still isn't working 😭

Delphable

1000020261.jpg

 It says my next payment isn't until August 15th. I also check to make sure my ESIM is still primary. Thank you though!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Delphable 

Make sure account is active by check My account 

Go to Sim Manager and toggle off the PM eSIM and reboot and toggle it on again (if iPhone, go to Settings ->Cellular, toggle off "Turn in this line", reboot and toggle it on)

If no service still, try Reset all Networks 

Last, you can buy a new eSIM for free from the PM app, Account page. If you have trouble login with 2FA , click Didn't receive code and select Send Email

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Delphable As funny as this sounds, did you pay your bill? If you have the app on your phone, open it up and check out the payments section. To me, it sounds like the payment for the 30 days didn't go through. Another thing, if you're phone updated last night, I have very rarely seen that the PM eSIM got changed from Primary to Secondary... very rare it happens but it may. Check to see if it is. 

EDIT: Also check for outages in your area. https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages 

Delphable

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 1.10.52 PM.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Delphable 

Need Help? Let's chat.