cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim activation on a non canadian iPhone after purchasing a plan

LPT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I purchased a plan yesterday. How do I get the e-sim without downloading the app? I paid already. My apple store is not set as canada as I am travelling to Canada, and i cannot download it.

can I use my's son iphone to get the esim number, then i add it to my phone?

Or, how do I switch to use the physical sim to finalize the activation after I purchase it at the telus store? I did not find the option to do it once I login.   I thought e-Sim is easier and greater..

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @LPT,

You need the app to activate.

If you prefer to switch to a physical SIM after purchasing it at the Telus store, you might need to contact Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission. They'll guide you through the process of switching from eSIM to a physical SIM.

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @LPT ,

To get the eSIM without downloading the app, you can indeed use your son's iPhone to get the eSIM number and then add it to your phone.

If you prefer to switch to a physical SIM after purchasing it at the Telus store, you might need to contact Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission. They'll guide you through the process of switching from eSIM to a physical SIM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LPT 

you can use your son to help to complete the activation using app, but your son has to be VERY careful and not let the app to install the esim on his phone.  If he install it, you have to rebuy for $10

your son has to stop the app from installing the esim.  Then for you, you will get a Welcome email and you can then scan the QR code to install the esim on your phone

vlorio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Welcome to Canada, since your question is very technical and specific you are better to talk to an official Customer Service agent.  Reach out to them directly here : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

They will be able to help you out better than us, the community.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LPT  You can’t you need the app to activate , all activations need the app 

add yes you can use someone else phone to complete the activation then use your phone instead and website to  manage account . But if you choose eSIM make sure it’s emailed to you and don’t let it automatically download to your friends /son phone will get the eSIM instead . You want to be able to scan it from the email the QR code is sent to . These are your only options support cannot and will not help with activation despite what other may say 

Need Help? Let's chat.