cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM activation doesn't work

batb94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
My phone is a Samsung S20 5G Canadian version. When I ordered online and selected eSIM card, I verified with the IMEI number and the prompt confirmed the eSim activation would be possible.
However, once I downloaded the app through the QR code, I cannot activate the eSim card. It shows ''phone not compatible''.

Is there a workaround, a way to fix this so that I can still activate my account and my plan with the eSim card? Or is it because I have the Canadian version, so I'll need the physical Sim card?
Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@batb94, You should contact the CS_agent to see what they say. You can ask if it's possible for you to pick up a physical SIM card at your local TELUS/Koodo or Mobile Klinik store for $10 to see if they will reimburse you. Other options are to order a SIM card from Public Mobile but it can take anywhere from 1 week and upto 3 weeks to arrive by Canada Post, OR you can order one from Amazon.ca for $5 and free shipping if you have a Prime account. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@batb94  not only does this phone not support esim, you will also not be able to get the 5g on this phone. You will have access to the 5g speed,  all plans do just not work as 5g on Public mobile if that is your intention.  

I have same phone.

To order physical SIM,  you can create a ticket through the chatbot. 

@batb94 wrote:

Hello,
My phone is a Samsung S20 5G Canadian version. When I ordered online and selected eSIM card, I verified with the IMEI number and the prompt confirmed the eSim activation would be possible.
However, once I downloaded the app through the QR code, I cannot activate the eSim card. It shows ''phone not compatible''.

Is there a workaround, a way to fix this so that I can still activate my account and my plan with the eSim card? Or is it because I have the Canadian version, so I'll need the physical Sim card?
Thank you!

Sorry, bu tthis device does not support eSIM.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket and ask a Public Mobile customer support agent for assistance.

philiposechacko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It sounds like you're encountering compatibility issues with activating the eSIM on your Samsung S20 5G

Software Update: Ensure your phone's software is up to date. Sometimes, compatibility for eSIM activation is included in software updates. Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install to check for updates.

Reattempt eSIM Activation: Sometimes, issues can be temporary. Try restarting your phone and reattempting the eSIM activation process through the app using the QR code provided.

Device Compatibility: Confirm with your carrier if there are any specific requirements or limitations regarding eSIM activation on the Samsung S20 5G Canadian version. They may provide insights or workarounds based on their system's compatibility.

Need Help? Let's chat.