cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Mess Activating

LegendaryFire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I had purchased the service last night, everything installed okay. Shows my number on the service, now 12 hours later, my current Sasktel phone plan is still the only one that works and my number was obviously not transferred. Public Mobile eSIM does not call/text or work with data.

In an attempt to try reinstall everything, I uninstalled the eSIM and now it wants to charge me for reinstalling. So then, I try to open a ticket under the activation section and get to the part where it asks for the SIM. My SIM is 19-digits not 20-digits, and it won't let me type N/A like the form suggests. This is horrendous.

Where do I go for help, what do I do? This whole process has been completely botched.

9 REPLIES 9

Number has been ported and we're off to the races. Woohooo! Thanks everyone.

LegendaryFire

So now I've got the process started, but am worried my number may have been lost in the process. Coming up on 7 hours with no successful port when it's always been under an hour for me when switching carriers. I'm supposed to wait up to 72 hours but something doesn't feel right here...

@LegendaryFire wrote:

No, I never received a text. Was there some way I can just redo this whole process?

@LegendaryFire , I suggest reaching out to support to get your activation in order.  Take a temporary number so the account can be set up.  Do the number transfer after the account is confirmed to be 100% functional.  

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The port wasn't completed if your old line is still working. You may want to contact support to find out what happened.

To contact support you can submit a ticket through the chatbot by pressing the chat bubble in the bottom corner and typing in "submit a ticket" and selecting "Contact Us". 

If that doesn't work you can message support directly from here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

No, I never received a text. Was there some way I can just redo this whole process?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LegendaryFire 

did you receive a porting authorization text from your old carrier? did you reply Yes? if you didn't , the porting won't complete

And you deleted the esim? you can install it back for free.  Just login using the app and go to Account page, click Buy sim card and choose eSIM.  it is free.  If it charge you $5, pay first and PM will reimburse.  (When you login the app, it will send you a 2FA code, it should go to your old carrier sim card as porting not done)

if you cannot login the app, then just message support agent and ask for help
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

LegendaryFire

I've been trying to use the chatbot, it takes me to a form which is impossible to fill out. Has a form validation for a mandatory SIM textbox. Won't let me enter the last digit of my 20-character SIM number. So frustrating.

LegendaryFire

Correction: My SIM is 20-digits, not 19-digits. Won't let me enter the last digit.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LegendaryFire 

if your Sasktel phone plan is mobile, you should hve a text from Sasktel asking you to approve the port, did you?

and you don't need to uninstall the esim, you should have just open ticket.  Use the Orrange Chatbot icon on the lower right

Need Help? Let's chat.