cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation Not working!! Please Help!!!

ScottTaylor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So new PM client and haven't had service for one week since activation of subscription.  Please someone help me customer service can't obviously.  Activated my sim and everything on their end is showing active and on my end it is not coming up as active most of the options in are in a lighter grey color so can not change the network and it says disconnected. We went through and change all access points to ones needed for PM. As well as my icon on home phone screen is showing empty triangle with question mark telling me it doesn't have access.  I have deleted and re-added app and still nothing.  The CX rep said that the activation on there end was formulated correctly and they needed all info to cross reference everything and reformulate the sim. After about another 4 hours between chats they told me to reset the phone network and restart the phone.  I did and nothing.  To add fuel to the fire I can't get a email option for the OTP to confirm identity.  The number that the app tries to send it to is my new not ported number which on their end is active but I have no access to.  The phone is unlocked and it has 5G capabilities and is a Motorola G 2023. In the settings for the network it only offers me 3G and LTE as options.......I am pretty good with computers and such, but have no idea what it could be or how I can fix it on my end.  Each time I send a ticket someone starts it and then I guess Waits till end of their shift to pass off the burden on someone else.   What do I do now?

13 REPLIES 13

you got your phone in Canada? 

Moto G 2024 shoud work.  Try reset all networks first.  And if you can, try your sim in another Samsung Galaxy or iPhone , just to confirm it is not a phone problem

ScottTaylor

It was another Motorola g 2024 

what model of Motorola phone is that? 

is that a Canadian model? you used that one on any network before?

ScottTaylor

The Motorola phone was the type of phone he had .  I believe it's a setting in my phone now I just have to figure the settings out.

Thank You

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ScottTaylor It rings, means the line is successfully activated, and the problem in your phone/setting or the SIM, I think the SIM may be faulty 

APN settings for data connection, if you have wrong APN settings, you will not be able to access data, but calls and SMS should be at least working.

what was the other phone you have tried the SIM in?

ScottTaylor

It rings and goes straight to a voicemail box.  So does this mean it's possibly a APN setting that needs to be changed? Or is it possible that another setting that I don't know of in my phone which needs setting up?

EB0

@ScottTaylor 
what happens when you try to call your number? Does it ring or say number is not in service?

ScottTaylor

I have been working with customer service for one week now and multiple reps are reiterating the first steps to solve this issue that they told me from day one. It's frustrating that they ask a question and I reply instantly and then they take 4 hours to respond again yet it's a different reps name so they pass the tickets they can't solve from one person to the next and I have to reiterate the situation and all the steps I have taken this far to only get the same results.  I have probably have over 40 hours on this trying to fix it so far.  If not resolved in next day or two tops I will go to another prepaid provider.  I mean I have been patient but over week without phone only to be told to reboot phone and have to o resend signal.

ScottTaylor

I never ported a new number. I choose from the list of new numbers and selected one that was offered.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ScottTaylor 

During the porting of your number, did you reply to the text from your old carrier confirming with YES with the old SIM in your phone that you are porting over?

EB0

@ScottTaylor 

Either

there is something with your activation, but yes said support looked into it and everything is good on their end,

Or problem with your phone, but other phone has the same issue.

it’s possible that you may have a faulty SIM card.

Keep working with support, may be they can find a solution 

ScottTaylor

I tried on another phone and it does the same as on this phone shows the info on sim card but doesn't allow either data or calls. 

EB0

@ScottTaylor 

Did you try the SIM card on another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.