cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate iMessage/Facetime or data

Samara6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in Germany for 6 months and at the time was using a European SIM card but my Canadian number was still receiving messages along with the new number. I returned to Canada and reinserted my Canadian SIM but data doesn’t work at all (0mb used on an 6 gig plan despite my attempts) and I can’t activate iMessage/Facetime. Apple said I need to contact my carrier to re-activate my number but I was still paying for my Public Mobile plan while I was abroad so I’m not sure what’s happening. I did all the recommended steps for iMessage activation not working (hard resets, date and time settings). The problem seems to be the carrier as my number isn’t under Apple ID > Sign-in & Security. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Samara6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok I got my phone number working again- deleted a bunch of old sims and then was another cellular data option appeared and I was able to link it back to my canadian number so that’s finally working again. Data is back working now that the number has decided to reappear so all is well 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Samara6 

If you disable Subscription during your time in Germany. Your account will be closed, SIM will no longer work and you lost your number for nonpayment longer than 90 days. iMessage and FaceTime will need a telephone number to work but since your number is lost…it will not work.

If you enabled Subscription and paid for the 6 months while in Germany. You need to delete the Germany Configuration Profile in the Settings>General then reset the Network setting and reboot your phone by powering off then back on with the PM SIM in the phone.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Samara6 

Can you make or receive calls and send or receive text messages on your public mobile number?

on your iPhone, you need to disable iMessage, FaceTime, restart the network setting, restart the phone, enable iMessage and FaceTime 

Need Help? Let's chat.