cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Payment on my account

Anafo-96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On February 4, 2022 I received a notice that my account was off due to payment due same day.

I used my other mobile phone and made payments towards my account. In making payments, it appears I submitted double payment through my TD Visa Account. The first payment was $16.95 and the second payment was $14.69.

I like the $14.69 be returned into my account.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The second payment will be your available funds and will be used to pay for your next renewal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Oh I get it now....the OP thinks they made the $15 plan payment first but in fact made it after autopay charged the card during the 4 hour grace period the system allows for customers to make manual payments before accounts are updated to active or suspended status.

@Anafo-96 

If you look at your transaction history you should see the following:

1. Autopay reward     +$2
  2. Automatic top up  +$13=$15
  3. 30 Day Plan            -$10=$5
  4. 100 Minutes           -$5=$0
  5. Manual top up       +$15
  6. Available Funds    =$15

Amount owing on next renewal date : $0

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

That is an important thing to find out, for sure. I presumed an Available Balance exists in the Available Funds area.

So, I was thinking it was a congruent event, but was it?

@Anafo-96  please advise 🤔 are you seeing the extra $'s in your Self Serve account, or both on your credit card charge transactions?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Anafo-96   do you see $15 as Available Fund in My Account?  If that is there, it might be easily to leave it there for next renewal.  Afterall, it might take a week or two weeks to get the money back to the credit card.

If you want to proceed with a refund request, open a ticket with PM Support.  To open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. Start by typing "Overcharge"
  2. then click "Contact Us"
  3. then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it was a late autopay but after the suspended notice. Then autopay happened with the proper net lower amount. Then the manual payment was made with the gross upper amount.

@Anafo-96 : Do you have $15 in your Available Funds? Or $13? Or $0?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anafo-96 

I did the same thing a few months ago. You submit the payment and it appears like you didn't click the submit button (or tap in my case) and you hit the submit button again and presto double payment. Unless the extra funds will cause you financial hardship just leave it in your account for your next renewal. Refunds can take up to 30 days contact customer support if you really need one.

To contact customer support click below:

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@Anafo-96 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion, I will not accept that solution based on the way Public Mobile payment system or service delivery is structured. You are not able to call and speak to human to resolve a simple error. We are now all been required to act like "robotics". Have my money refunded safely and I will take care of my next bill payment.

If you see my account, they have applied the extra payments on products or add ons, I have not requested.

@Anafo-96  - we are customers and members just like yourself here on the forum. Meaning we have not access to your account, or are not Public Mobile representatives.

Only way to have any chance of a refund is to contact Public Mobile Customer Support agents in link provided above.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

If the notice was a text, it is just a reminder even if you have a balance to cover the payment. If autopay is in place....no need to do anything. 

The thing I find odd  is the differed  amounts. 

@CountyDownIeUk  - my guess...

The higher one was the manually payment $15 x 1.13 = 16.95.

Then the system took the auto payment $13 x 1.13 = 14.69.

Anafo-96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your suggestion, I will not accept that solution based on the way Public Mobile payment system or service delivery is structured. You are not able to call and speak to human to resolve a simple error. We are now all been required to act like "robotics". Have my money refunded safely and I will take care of my next bill payment.

If you see my account, they have applied the extra payments on products or add ons, I have not requested.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If the notice was a text, it is just a reminder even if you have a balance to cover the payment. If autopay is in place....no need to do anything. 

The thing I find odd  is the differed  amounts. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@

@Anafo-96 wrote:

On February 4, 2022 I received a notice that my account was off due to payment due same day.

I used my other mobile phone and made payments towards my account. In making payments, it appears I submitted double payment through my TD Visa Account. The first payment was $16.95 and the second payment was $14.69.

I like the $14.69 be returned into my account.

Thank you

@Anafo-96  the extra funds in your Available Funds area will just be used first on your next renewal.

It will probably get used up first quicker on your renewal than applying to get a refund.

Only Customer Support agents (CSA) can apply credits, but I do suggest just leaving it and it will be uses.

CSA contacts here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.