cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do SIM cards have an expiry after not in use or can you re-activate them for a new plan at any time?

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have an old SIM that's many years old. I'd like to take advantage of the $40/15GB for new customers but I can't afford to wait for a new SIM to be mailed out. 

Additionally, are there any PM kiosks around town?

11 REPLIES 11

@darlicious wrote:

@Hmm 

FYI....the last 3 orders of Sim cards from pm that I have made in the last month have taken exactly 5 business days to arrive from the supplying vendor via Canada Post. (Calgary to Vancouver)

That’s the national standard. I have experienced same from Ontario and PEI to Maple Ridge. Canada post is fantastic. 

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks. I think this is standard, but I wanted to make sure.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

I'm always able to refer and activate a new customer. The bf officially has a $0 bill as of 5 days ago and mine are both $0. I will have to start referring from my data account now.😁

@darlicious  What you do with all those SIMs? Underground business? 😋

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hmm 

FYI....the last 3 orders of Sim cards from pm that I have made in the last month have taken exactly 5 business days to arrive from the supplying vendor via Canada Post. (Calgary to Vancouver)

walker1
Mayor / Maire

That's just plain crazy.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

SIM has no expiry date UNLESS it is used and then service cancelled.

So if you used that SIM before and then stopped service, you can toss it into garbage or just for fun - melt and see what is inside.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hmm 

Unfortunately, once your old SIM will be cancelled by porting to another carrier or non-payment over 90 days. You will need to purchase one from Telus/Koodo store, Amazon or PM. Warning, if you purchase from PM, it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Hmm sim card has no expiry day.  it can be used as long as it has never been activated before

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hmm 

If the Sim card has not been used before then it can be activated no matter the age. As mentioned Sim cards are only available at corporate telus and koodo stores Call ahead to see if they are in stock. If you have Amazon prime you may get delivery by Monday before 11:59:59pm eastern. Where are you located?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Hmm 

You have to get a new sim card. Old ones can't be used again.

It's quicker to get one at a Telus or Koodo corporate store.

If you're sim card is still active on a plan now, then all you have to do is a plan change on your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.