cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed that I can't get one of the new discount plans with Canada wide calling etc

Kate_Mtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am very disappointed that the new plans with great data limits are a) only available to new clients and b) the one that seems to be available to current clients is not Canada wide Calling etc and international text.

Are new customers more important than retaining current customers?? Making me curious if I should be looking at other options out there.

14 REPLIES 14

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've observed data usage, minutes usage, and text usage each being updated almost instantly and almost continuously.

I have used phone data to browse Self-Serve and saw the data usage increase a little each time I refreshed the page. I have seen the text count increase each time I sign into Self-Serve because of the EverSafe 2FA SMS. I have seen phone minutes used/remaining get updated after completing a call, waiting a few seconds, and refreshing the page.

I don't know where this "twice daily after midnight" information comes from.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kate_Mtl 

Data usage gets updated twice daily shortly after midnight usually.

Data add ons purchased or redeemed after mid-May (10th?) 2023 expires after 30 days. Data add ons in your account before the date in May that Eversafe was introduced are grandfathered and continue to roll over every 30 days until completely consumed.

@Kate_Mtl   The $25 3G plan has Canada wide calling and international text messaging like all the other plans except the $15 one which is limited to 100 outgoing minutes/

Kate_Mtl

I was venting, not threatening. It was irritating to see all the plans on sale marked as for new customers only when I looked at them. I see that has changed since then. I just with the 26 dollar plan was Canada wide calling and international messaging like the other plans.

Kate_Mtl

I do not see a 25 dollar 5gig plan.

abtest

@Kate_Mtl wrote:

It just seems that I have data usage showing up a few times a day where it did not before. It is happening when I am not up and I am connected to my home wifi. Very strange as it is middle of the night at times.

Have to wonder how long the addon data is good for? Does it expire or get used before your plan data is used up??

The data usage on your account are not updated in real time.  That might explain why there are updates at strange hours of the day. 

Newly purchased add-on data is only good for 30 days (used to be indefinite). 

Kate_Mtl

I am not chomping at the bit to leave. I am disappointed. I was also a bit disappointed to not get the expected Xmas/Seasonal gift of data and long distance that I had received the last two years. 

Being disappointed means just that. It will take a very good plan for me to abandon here. I have three years in here so far and have not been in a hurry to change plans. It just seems that I have data usage showing up a few times a day where it did not before. It is happening when I am not up and I am connected to my home wifi. Very strange as it is middle of the night at times.

Have to wonder how long the addon data is good for? Does it expire or get used before your plan data is used up??

RavingRaven

@Kate_Mtl 

If you do decide to leave don't port out right away if you have a rewards account. Take the time to evaluate your new service. A legacy rewards account at maximum loyalty/autopay rewards ($5+$2=$7) can be maintained for only $8 ( on the $15 plan) or suspended for up to 90 days. If you are disappointed with the new provider losing the legacy rewards account and settling for a points account will just add to the pain.

Trust me as I was misled into switching both my account and my wife's to points when it was first introduced. 😔

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kate_Mtl wrote:

I am very disappointed that the new plans with great data limits are a) only available to new clients and b) the one that seems to be available to current clients is not Canada wide Calling etc and international text.

Are new customers more important than retaining current customers?? Making me curious if I should be looking at other options out there.

Telus seems to think signing up new customers is more important than retaining current customers. Always always always trying to get the highest number of activations in the quarterly or annual report to impress shareholders.

Compare against, for example, Rogers and Freedom. They are aggressive about customer retention, they'll actually obstruct customers from leaving - pause number ports, keep accounts active, continue engaging subscribers who try to walk away - in defiance of the CRTC Wireless Code - until their customer retention people have a chance to call a few times, discuss, suggest, convince, intimidate, bribe people to stay.

Don't be curious - just start looking. There are indeed other options out there and right now some of them have very attracting, compelling promos. If you look at competing options or if you activate (as a "new customer") at one of the competing options then please make a comment about it. The more visible and the more numerous (and the more expensive) lost subscribers are here, the more likely Telus will actually care about changing things here.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kate_Mtl   Have you looked at the plans recently because only one is now for new activations only and, as already noted, only one has limited call minutes (the $15 which you wouldn't want if you need more data anyway).

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

All plans offer Canada wide calling and international text. And all except the $15 plan have unlimited calling.

RavingRaven

@Kate_Mtl 

All current in market plans except the $15 plan. It has unlimited incoming calling minutes and 100 outgoing Canada wide calling minutes with the option to purchase the $5 for 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add on that has no expiry and will roll over every 30 days until completely consumed.

Many but not all new plans are often made available to current clients. If you are the $15 plan you will likely be given targeted text offers for plans only offered to new activations or specially created to entice you to upgrade to a higher priced plan.

Such as : $25/5GB "3G" plan or the $24/4G "4G" plan

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kate_Mtl it just not specified clearly, all plans now have Canada wide calling for free

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kate_Mtl 

theres some evidence to show that CSA might give you that new plan but ask nice...don't bother to threaten to leave PM.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.