cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted by error the holiday promo text message from public

Mimisum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I deleted by error the holiday promo text message from public and I didn’t reply yes before deleting. What should I do?

20 REPLIES 20

LoriM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I THOUGHT I deleted the more is merrier text....but then found it. What a goof I am! Thank you Public Mobile for making connecting with loved ones more affordable!

@softech wrote:

enough back and forth.  . i did get my message across. .for OP.. if he deleted the original message, he can reply 4911 and don't need to open ticket with PM to give CS Agent extra work.  (and for those who didn't receive the invite , messaging the short code won't work)

When a customer deletes a text message, Public Mobile has no way to know that, and as such, this makes no difference. Everyone, please do not suggest to contact a CSA  if the only issue is of the text message being accidently deleted.  This is a waste of not only the customer's time, but the CSA's as well.  

when I text that number I don't receive any type of response

enough back and forth.  . i did get my message across. .for OP.. if he deleted the original message, he can reply 4911 and don't need to open ticket with PM to give CS Agent extra work.  (and for those who didn't receive the invite , messaging the short code won't work)

I guess I will let this stop here.  Very hard to understand sometimes, I need my Google Translate too.

@softech    Perhaps some details get "lost in translation"? 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

No, when i said this to

@J_PM @darlicious 

confirm information about this question,

now i do receive the SMS from 491-1 for that line not has SMS and i did reply YES

and now i get all holiday gifts in my account so lovely

thank you so much public mobile and all Team working so hart
and i appreciate jade_s and your Team thank you very much for everything...

Wish everyone a happy holiday....enjoy it..

More is Merrier is back! - Page 29 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@Anonymous   not sure which post you want to refer on P29.. but if you meant this one.

Re: More is Merrier is back! I replyed YES but it ... - Page 29 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

it is a completely different situation.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

yeah i get you but i was confirm information about this old plan without SMS, 

More is Merrier is back! - Page 29 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

but is not about deleted SMS and need to reply short code yes ,, is not working..

@Anonymous   there is no risk to take.. user got the text.. he said he deleted and he can send 4911 a YES and that would opt OP in this promotion.

Yes, if you have an old plan  without texting, then yes, you cannot reply yes with or without deleting that text.  

we try to make the appropriate suggestion based on  OP situation.  Your way would work and so do mine.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I was meaning the other user that shall remain untagged due to constant threats of being reported. They had indicated at the beginning that they have old plans without texting. So then therefor maybe they wouldn't be familiar with sending to short codes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

i do understand you and export computergeek541
you can't send to short code to say YES but is still the system
is will not eligible the SMS short code,

why the OP take risk for that,

and public mobile give that gift to all customer is not about eligible or not but you have to waiting when you getting the SMS, and OP deleted is better way to waiting 

until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Oh, user didn't mention in this post, but thanks @Anonymous  for pointing out.  Then it is a different issue  and in this case, yes, message PM after Dec 16 is the right way to go . .. 

(if  OP cannot even text out.. i guess S-S does not have to worry about OP getting the errror "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer"   LoL) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : The user seems to have old plans without texting. So they may not have experience with short codes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech 

only the will reply YES to same SMS 
you can't put the number 4911 or 4991-1 in SMS and replay YES 
i don't think so the system is will work but is better and save way to OP contact after

@Anonymous   you never send messages to shortcode? 

if you can only reply a shortcode and unable to initiate a message to it, guess how expert computergeek541 tested it out in the beginning and got that error message?

Again, this is no magic to send to short code.  you got a error "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer" because PM has not flagged the account as eligible yet.   If PM already sent you a message , then PM has flagged your account.  You may have deleted the text but you can still send YES to 4911 and you won't get that error

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

only the will reply YES to same SMS 
you can't put the number 4911 or 4991-1 in SMS and replay YES 
i don't think so the system is will work but is better and save way to OP contact after

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman @softech 

expert Oracle team name (computergeek541)
say

If anyone is wondering:

If you send a "YES" message to 4911 before receiving the text message about this offer, you'll receive a response that says "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer".

@Anonymous 

expert oracle  @computergeek541  is correct.. but exper oracle @Dunkman  and stupid member me was not wrong either.. read OP original post carefully..

I deleted by error the holiday promo text message from public and I didn’t reply yes before deleting. What should I do?

Guess what does it means?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman @softech 

expert Oracle team name (computergeek541)
say

If anyone is wondering:

If you send a "YES" message to 4911 before receiving the text message about this offer, you'll receive a response that says "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer".

More is Merrier is back! - Page 44 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

i don't know to who we can be believe..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mimisum   Just message 4911 with YES

and no worry, it takes time for the bonus to add on your account.  It could take a day or two and one member said CS Agent told him to wait 4 days.  

so, reply YES and wait couple days.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mimisum 

Text Yes to      4911

That is the number that texted you from PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimisum 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

not a customer yet  visit here link

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience  until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.