Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

vulch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i have not received a text for the bonus i just activated my phone  2 days ago

@rpoolecrsp wrote:

Tried the British Museum number and "the call was not completed......."

The ad on is not there, regardless of what self serve page says!

@rpoolecrsp   

You said earlier that the bonus was added, as you saying this from the text reply you got? or you actually see them on My Account?  

If you login to My Account now, do you see the 2G data addon bonus?  and you see the 500 min LD add-on?   I just wonder if PM has added to your account yet

can you send us a screenshot of what add-on you have now?

@rpoolecrsp wrote:

@rpoolecrsp    There's a few posts mentioning the holiday add-on mins are not working for calls to the UK and I think someone mentioned having issues with calls to Hong Kong too and both are on the list of countries being available to call.

You might need to contact customer support to find out why this is happening.  Click the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen to submit a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rpoolecrsp : If you have no other calling add-ons then I do wonder if maybe the company mis-spoke and are giving out the current "300" one as 500. Then it would be whether it was asked for rather than the automatic way.

@J_PM : any credence to this theory?

bbl

Thank you.

bbl

Okay, thank you.

leoharvey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

One of my accounts is a ZTE box.  I took the SIM out of the box and put it in an old cell phone and texed yes to 4911 a few times over the past week.  Today it worked and I got a  response saying that the bonus had been applied.  Self serve confirms this

rpoolecrsp

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

I'm 2/3. The account I reactivated on December 5th elicited the your not eligible reply. But it had not recieved the text so it's wait and see...

🎄🎉 Nice.......for any one that still has their text......I would suggest to answer YES one more time. The responses and update to account were INSTANTANEOUS!!!🎄🎉

@ncdjnguyen wrote:

Hello, I didn’t received the text for holiday bonus of 2 go data and 500 min international talk.

Texted YES to 4911 but it wouldn’t work because I never received the text.

Your solution is here!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/7561...

@ncdjnguyen wrote:

Hello, I didn’t received the text for holiday bonus of 2 go data and 500 min international talk.

PM will send text to everyone in different batches from Dec 1 to Dec 15.  So, there are still couple days and you will get the text soon  

ncdjnguyen

dabr
Mayor / Maire

copied and reposted to correct thread!

Yay!! 😊

...I guess the glitch has been fixed     Sent another YES text again today and got the reply instantly saying the gifts had been added to the account...and just checked the account to confirm that they're all there.

On another note and to confirm as another user posted a couple of days ago in this thread, I notice that the international mins add-on is grouped with the Voice Mins instead of the Talk Add-ons when going to View My Usage page.

Thanks again PM for the free holiday gifts and thanks @Jade_S the glitch seems to have been sorted.

@CountyDownIeUk 

I'm 2/3. The account I reactivated on December 5th elicited the your not eligible reply. But it had not recieved the text so it's wait and see...

CountyDownIeUk_0-1638989653947.gif

I have 3 accounts. 

2 I received text, answered YES, no freebies, just answered YES again. 

1 no text, SIM is in ZTE box, took a chance today, put SIM in phone, just texted YES to 4911

🎉🎄ALL 3 ACCOUNTS NOW HAVE THE  2 FREE ADD ONS. 🎄🎉

...oops, posted in wrong thread, apologies to OP.

@LeePublic 

Yes it should use your recurring bonus plan data first but take a screenshot of your overview page just in case. There was a customer with a recurring plan data bonus and instead of the bonus plan data being used the 2020 holiday gift add ons were being used first. Best to keep an eye on it just in case.

241C8971-C4C2-498C-A5EB-E9F2BFCE44B6.gif

I have 3 accounts. 

2 I received text, answered YES, no freebies, just answered YES again. 

1 no text, SIM is in ZTE box, took a chance today, put SIM in phone, texted YES to 4911

🎉🎄ALL 3 ACCOUNTS NOW HAVE THE  2 FREE ADD ONS. 🎄🎉

@Cando1...please be patient as the More Is Merrier 2021 is off to a rocky roll-out. If you've not received it by the 15th, contact CSA and they'll apply it for you.

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The official post announcing this offer did state that the text will be sent sometime before the 15th, so there's still time left for you to receive it. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/7518...

Nevertheless, if you still wish to contact PM about it, you may send a private message to @CS_Agent  .

@bbl wrote:

I think I may have deleted the text message containing the bonus offer. Is there another way to register for the bonus or a way to get the text message back?

HI @bbl   if you already got the text but just deleted.  Simply compose a new one to short code 4911 with a YES .  You might get a quick reply today as the system seems working well this morning

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@bbl wrote:

I think I may have deleted the text message containing the bonus offer. Is there another way to register for the bonus or a way to get the text message back?

Send "YES" to 4911.

bbl

@rpoolecrsp wrote:

It's a regular landline that's failing as soon as I dial. 

Try calling one of these numbers... They both work for me:

+44 20 7323 8000 - the british museum in London

+353 1 677 6801 - bank of ireland

Hold/longpress 0 to enter a "+". These can also be dialled replacing the "+" with "011", ie: 011 44 20 7323 8000 or 011 353 1 677 6801.

Hey I just replied YES and got the confirmation text! The bf too! Looks like it's fixed!!

hwyone

The same happened to me yesterday.  I replied YES immediately and nothing happened.  Tried yoggee's solution today and received the confirmation text from Public that the data and minutes had been added.

Today on another of my lines, I received the first text from Public, replied YES, and received an instant reply.

PatB

Hi all, 

I just received the message as described & successfully replied as instructed.

Checked my account here online & everything has been added just fine.

A big thank you to Public Mobile! 💖

🎄Happy Holidays to all at PM & in the community here, peace & good health! 🎄 

LeePublic

One question, if I go over the main data bucket, should it use my 2GB recurring promo bonus data before going into the Holiday one time bonus data?

@LeePublic   maybe issue is finally fixed today...

and enjoy your extra data and LD minutes  🙂

LeePublic

Finally got the text! Replied YES to the text and the data and minutes were applied immediately. Thank you Public Mobile and Merry Christmas everyone! 😁😁😁

Need Help? Let's chat.