cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deducted money

dazarjun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently port my sim from Public mobile to Freedom Mobiles. And today Public mobiles deducted $56 CAD from my credit card, I don’t know why!!!

41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv 

friend i totally understand don't worry about it,,,

@darlicious 

my VIP person no issue my dear friend and my best VIP person in here how i have a issue with you.... i know and i understand don't worry about it..... 

@dazarjun 

please where are you come and fix it and provides right information to we all need to know to we can help other customer...

@Dunkman 

This gets very confusing when two threads are merged sometimes and then some posts don't make sense.....is it possible for the merging oracle to make a note in the thread just so future readers will have some context?

@Anonymous 

Do we have an issue? I posted before these threads were merged. Once the OP posted a reply after mine I realized my error and edited my post. No solution was chosen at that time and I was completely unaware that there was another thread on the same subject by the OP until now.....24 hours later.

@softech 

it's ok you don't be sorry by you and another @esjliv and @darlicious 

try to remove it from me because the OP chose me wrong but i know the OP need to changed to my OP for MY answer to contact to CSA, i hope the OP change to that to everyone be happy, and i don't understand in here why just to me only when i got accepted as solution,, everyone no happy with it and i do see from another poster is a wrong chose and no one say anything why to me only..... i don't think so is it a big deals for got accepted as solution... or what is it...and all my respect to all community member...

@Anonymous - my comment was to the OP not to you.

Either OP did not clearly post what was happening, which is what I was hoping they would clarify; or, they just picked anything as a solution to 'close' the thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

first of all , sorry @Anonymous , not to try to remove your accepted solution, but I would like to find out why, it would be useful for others who have the same issue to find out what the proper steps to do (in fact, I was following this thread because there is someone posted like he got the the issue.. except he just say "$15" on his reply)

@dazarjun   why would you chose that particular one as your Accepted Solution?  That reply was telling you how to remove payment card if your account is still active. But  if your line was ALREADY ported to Freedom, you would not be able to logon to My Account and what suggested cannot be done.

how did the issue got resolved in the end?  did you open a ticket with PM and they already agreed the refund?  did they tell you how you got charged twice?

@softech 

it's ok you don't be sorry by you and another @esjliv and @darlicious 

try to remove it from me because the OP chose me wrong but i know the OP need to changed to my OP for MY answer to contact to CSA, i hope the OP change to that to everyone be happy, and i don't understand in here why just to me only when i got accepted as solution,, everyone no happy with it and i do see from another poster is a wrong chose and no one say anything why to me only..... i don't think so is it a big deals for got accepted as solution... or what is it...and all my respect to all community member...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

first of all , sorry @Anonymous , not to try to remove your accepted solution, but I would like to find out why, it would be useful for others who have the same issue to find out what the proper steps to do (in fact, I was following this thread because there was someone posted like he got the the issue.. except he just say "$15" on his reply)

@dazarjun   why would you chose that particular one as your Accepted Solution?  That reply was telling you how to remove payment card if your account is still active. But  if your line was ALREADY ported to Freedom, you would not be able to logon to My Account and what suggested cannot be done.

how did the issue got resolved in the end?  did you open a ticket with PM and they already agreed the refund?  did they tell you how you got charged twice?

At a glance, I'm guessing $50 plan plus (12%) tax. Or maybe a double payment of $25 plan plus (12%) tax.

The taxes (GST/PST/QST/HST/whatever) are always assessed at point of payment. Whether it's AutoPay (on a credit card) or it's cash purchase (Payment Voucher). The only legal way to avoid paying these taxes is to have Native Status and make your (Payment Voucher) purchases from a vendor located on Native land.

Double payments aren't typical, but they do happen when Self-Serve is being sluggish and cantankerous. (Which seems to have been happening a lot in recent days.)

If a double payment was made there's no easy way to get a refund from PM - but the excess funds will be deposited (as "Available Funds") into the Self-Serve account and will be used for subsequent billing cycle(s) - "Available Funds" are always used up first and AutoPay will only charge the remainder (plus tax on the remainder) when "Available Funds" aren't enough to prepay/renew the plan. Basically, if you somehow paid (somehow got charged) twice this month then you won't have to pay next month. Public Mobile never imposes any additional charges for setup and activation, administration, account/information changes, plan or number changes, number porting, service suspension or reactivation, etc.

@invaliduser wrote:

$15 

What $15?  you have the same issue?  Maybe open a new thread and give us more details

@dazarjun 

In your other topic about this you mention that you ported out to Freedom Mobile about Oct 2. If your renewal at PM was (for example) Oct 2 and it renewed early 8n the morning and the you ported out mid day, you’ve already purchased another month at PM. Now depending on the billing date of your credit card the you could just get that bill for Oct 2 in the last few days. Just saying it could be an old charge that is actually legitimate if you ported out slightly too late to stop the next plan renewal from happening.

AE_Collector

invaliduser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$15 

@dazarjun 

You are certain you ported your existing Public Mobile number to Freedom? You didn’t just start a new account with a new number at Freedom? $56 sounds like $50 with 12% tax like in BC. Is 12% your tax rate? You didn’t inadvertently do anything in the Change Plan area (as in change to the $50 plan) before leaving?

AE_Collector

@dazarjun 

Sorry I misread your post. If you did not remove autopay before porting out then it has very rarely the autopay system will charge a "ghost account" on what would have been your next renewal date. If you do not get a reply from a CSA by Monday then yes just take it up with your credit card issuer. But if you do get a reply it is still a faster resolution then asking your credit card issuer for the chargeback.

dazarjun

I already port out from Public mobiles, and I don’t care anymore, and I don’t need any credit to use later, because I am not longer a customer. I have to contact the credit card provider if they didn’t resolve this issue. Because I need my money back in any ways. Thanks for the suggestion.

@dazarjun 

Do not follow @Anonymous's advice.....this could open a whole host of other issues for you. When you activated did you have an issue or an error message and you entered your payment information twice? While not "common" this kind of double payment does happen. If after 3 business days both transactions are posted and the original CSA agent has not responded open a new support ticket or reply to the last private message (if it has not been officially closed)and explain this situation again with a screenshot of your transaction history showing only one payment and and proof your credit card has been charged twice.

Public Mobile aims to refund the double charge in these cases within 3 to 5 business days. Alternatively you can ask for a credit to your account that can be used for your next renewal or any add on purchases you may choose to make. A credit to your account will be issued immediately and most customers choose this route for simplicity.

Asking for a credit chargeback from your credit card issuer is a substantial amount of work and in the worse caes scenario can result in pm refusing to accept your credit card. If your card issuer errs and takes both payments back immediate temporary account deactivation can occur requiring payment by voucher only or in past cases by money order. I strongly suggest you do not use this route to resolution.

Send a follow up message to your last private message asking for resolution. It sounds like the CSA did not properly pass off your support ticket to the next CSA coming on shift and it is languishing in their "inbox" til they next come back on shift ( after their "weekend") Another CSA should answer to take over....expect a response in about 2 hours ( current approximate wait times.)

Edit:

@Anonymous  My apologies as I misread the OP. Your advice does stand however since a credit card issuer requires that you prove that you have made reasonable effort to ask a merchant for a refund it is always faster and much less effort to get the refund directly from the merchant unless they absolutely refuse to do so....

dazarjun

I already contacted CSA, but after giving the proof they didn’t respond. I will contact the credit card provider. Thanks

One charge could be pending (and will disappear soon) and another charge could be actual. Some banks do it that way...

PM should not charge you as porting closes your account. Unless porting occurred on a renewal date when timing was off (take money, close account).

I would suggest opening another ticket and be persistent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dazarjun 

i suggest you to contact to credit card and change your number and told them to do open a dispute and the back give your money back better way and fast.... but how public mobile not give a refund for it...do you get a Message from CSA..you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, back...

dazarjun

Its not been 48 hours. I will wait then

thankyou

@dazarjun 

When was your last correspondence with the customer service agent?  If more than 48 hours, respond again in your thread.  Sometimes it does take some time for agents to respond. 

Try submitting another ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

If you can log into your self serve account then make sure to remove auto-pay.  Porting your number should have automatically closed your PM account.

dazarjun

I port from Public mobile to Freedom mobiles, after that public mobile deducted $56 two times from my credit card, I contacted the agent and they replied me, they didn’t deduct any money from my account after porting, and I showed them the proof as screenshot of my bank statement. Now no reply from the agent. What can I do in this situation, anyone?

@hTideGnow wrote:

@dazarjun usually after porting, account is closed and this won't happen.  

I would use words should not happen but all weird things are happening at PM.

Porting out closes (deletes) user's account. Only option is to reach CSA through ticketing system. If it takes forever to resolve your issue maybe private message to PM staff will help. When and If it comes to that, somebody will provide you their name(s). Not yet needed...

@dazarjun wrote:

I tried login, but can’t do it. I opted Freedom mobiles on October 2nd.

@dazarjun  - then you will not be able to complete the Solution you choose (BELOW), since it seems your Self Serve account did close.

esjliv_0-1636229645730.png

You will need Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) to ensure your payment details are removed from there system for future charges and ask why they charged you $56.

Private Messaging CSA is only route here to get assistance.

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@dazarjun wrote:

One time deduction of $56, not by adding two charges, I don’t know for what you deducted it for, but I need my refund back. Please submit the ticket and do necessary actions as soon as possible.

@dazarjun  We are all customers just like you, here on the Community.

You have to private message the Public Mobile representatives (CSA) if you want to request a refund.

Others have provided links to message CSA, but here is another one....

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@dazarjun you have to message the PM support yourself. We are all just customers and cannot submit for you.  Message them and PM should be able to help 

@dazarjun wrote:

One time deduction of $56, not by adding two charges, I don’t know for what you deducted it for, but I need my refund back. Please submit the ticket and do necessary actions as soon as possible.

@dazarjun    We are all customers and cannot submit a ticket for you.  Please use the links provided to submit your ticket/message.

dazarjun

I tried login, but can’t do it. I opted Freedom mobiles on October 2nd.

dazarjun

@Anonymous wrote:

@dazarjun 

go Remove Your Payment Card

To remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

@dazarjun  If you ported your phone number out, then you will not be able to complete the above. Since porting also closes your Self Serve Account.

So, if you are able to log into your Self Serve account, this tells me you did not successfully port out to Freedom yet.

How long have you been with Freedom?

@dazarjun wrote:

But before that, i need my refund

@dazarjun   If you've ported out your number you no longer have access to your PM account, unless the port is not completed yet?  That's why only customer support will be able to help with a refund if it's an erroneous charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.