cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daughters phone not working for text or call

Gfs1613
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account when I sign in says active. 
when I talk to an “agent” it’s telling me her account was deactivated and I need a new SIM card? 
I never deactivated her account so why is this an issue? 🆘 

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Are we talking about YOUR account (which is supposedly active) your DAUGHTER's account?

If it is Deactivated that means account is closed and you have to open a new one with brand new SIM.

If it is Suspended that is most likely due to no pay and you have to pay her bill and reactivate account.

Please clarify.

niccles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

are you able to post a screenshot of what her account looks like? (without the account number or identifying information in there of course).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gfs1613 

If the agent indicated that your daughter’s account is deactivated and needs a new SIM. That means that payment wasn’t kept up for 90 days or longer.

Why didn’t she tell you?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gfs1613   

You said you can sign in to the account and it said active?   If account is deactivated, you won't be able to login. 

Can you call 1-855-4PUBLIC and then enter your daughter phone number?  If PM cannot find the number/account, then it is closed permanently.  If PM can find it, then it is good,

Let us know .

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How long has it been inactive for? If more than 90 days without payment it would auto close. However, if it is only recent, then that is weird. Even a temp payment processing glitch would not deactivate it to the point of needing a new SIM. I am assuming there was no port out attempt made.

I'm also assuming it isn't a brand-new account in the middle of porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.