cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage inaccurate or missing when logged into account

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have an issue where I've received messages from public mobile on text indicating that a certain percentage of my data has been used up, and in fact yesterday got a message saying 100% has been used up.

I've logged in multiple times during the last week, and there were still close to 600 MB left on my regular monthly plan as well as over 700 MB in an add-on.

I even took screenshots of the data usage showing these amounts remaining after my data stopped working and I had the message that 100% had been used up.

Further to this, when I look at the usage history to try to get specifics and put a filter on for just data, nothing shows any older than August 13th! (Not even for calls or sms) - and this doesn't seem to matter whether I log in on my phone which is a Google pixel, or I log in on a PC. Neither show specifics beyond a day prior... So I can't even tell when the data was used, if indeed it was used.

Is this some kind of ongoing issue? I have not experienced anything like this in the previous five years of being a PM customer. I reached out to a CS agent, but so far haven't had too much in the way of a resolution - just a "it seems to be depleted, please recheck". 

Fairly annoying, because I'm just 10 or so days into my monthly cycle, with holidays now, and have no mobile data.

9 REPLIES 9

@nrg_svr wrote:

Thanks everyone for some helpful information, something here Will help me manage how much data I've actually used in the future, but it's disappointing that the public mobile website is giving erroneous information which itself led to my data apparently being depleted and which I will have to suffer without for close to 3 weeks... I don't pay $10 or $15 for an extra gig of data especially when I can't even figure out what it's getting used on.... I will just simply turn data off unless absolutely necessary to look up directions on a map

@nrg_svr   are you on Android or iOS?

if Android, I have provided you the way to track your data in my post above

if iOS , you cannot track backward but you can start tracking from today on, you just need to reset the data count today :  Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data, and tap Reset Statistics

@nrg_svr 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. PM's data tracker is usually fairly accurate.  

I was traveling last week and using google maps daily and my data usage did increase significantly.  That is why I did change my plans to higher data for this month for myself and family.  Using about 200-400 mb per day by just using google maps mainly.  

CSA can check your account, but likely unable to do anything else.  

nrg_svr

Thanks everyone for some helpful information, something here Will help me manage how much data I've actually used in the future, but it's disappointing that the public mobile website is giving erroneous information which itself led to my data apparently being depleted and which I will have to suffer without for close to 3 weeks... I don't pay $10 or $15 for an extra gig of data especially when I can't even figure out what it's getting used on.... I will just simply turn data off unless absolutely necessary to look up directions on a map

For android devices the best data tracker is data witness PM.  It runs on 30 and 90 day cycles.

@nrg_svr wrote:

Yeah, I've downloaded the supposed to be handy Excel file, except it does not show time specifically, just a date, and so in trying to figure out why I have a data problem,

@nrg_svr 

First , time does not matter for Data.  PM load a sum of data twice a day or so.  So, even you see it showing 100Mb of Data used with a time stamp at 3pm, it does not mean you used 100Mb at 3pm, it just mean you used 100Mb of data from couple hours ago till 3pm.  So, you should see 2 (maybe 3 or couple entries) of data in that day, all you should care is how much data you used that time

And you said you downloaded the Excel file? does the excel shows you the 10 days of usage at least because you have a concern how much data you used from the beginning of the cycle, 10 days ago

And are you using Android?  If so, your best data tracker is your device.  Go to the Mobile data usage page and you should see something like below.  Just change the "Start billing cycle on"  date to match your cycle start date of your current cycle and you will see how much data used since that day and which app used the data :

E-MobileData.png

@nrg_svr 

it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design a lot customer has same issue..

How to Clear Data Usage on Android

How restart Data Usage

and set new limit for your data usage for 30 day from start new payment cycle..

nrg_svr

Yeah, I've downloaded the supposed to be handy Excel file, except it does not show time specifically, just a date, and so in trying to figure out why I have a data problem, I can't get any specifics other than a date... And by the way this is way too much work to be doing on a mobile device while you're on holiday and your data has been cut off and your account summary for usage still shows that you have data! Anyway thanks for this post it's helpful to a certain degree!

•  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@nrg_svr 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

go to check your history data usage,

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN to check data usage

turn off background data for all apps.

Need Help? Let's chat.