cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE MONEY (Credit) on Account just disappear and have PB want even more?

ZachCousineau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THIS MUST BE THE BIGGEST SCAM AND FRAUD OF THE TELCO INDUSTRY IN CANADA! Bought a SIM card for my nephew and then a voucher. The voucher could not be used to activate the SIM so had to use a credit card for the first month. Then entered the voucher code AFTER the phone was active and paid for the monthly plan with credit card. The account was good, the online statement showed the credit for the voucher amount. I figured that would give him a credit when the next month (TODAY) was due. NOPE! WRONG! SCREWED. The credit on the account is nowhere to be found now in the online account section. Instead they cut off the phone and demand more money to reactivate the line. THEY CAN NOT JUST TAKE THE AMOUNT FROM YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH IS IN CREDIT AND NOT EVEN HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL FOR A GOD DAMNED PHONE COMPANY! Call it Public Mobile committing fraud or theft or whatever you want but this is NOT RIGHT! At least my opinion. Now to forward a copy of this to the BC Consumer Rights Office, the CRTC, Ministry of Attorney General and Ministry of Solicitor General among others. This is not legal business practices and by reading online comments now, I see this is not the only issue of them taking money from people for nothing! THANKS PUBLIC MOBILE AKA Telus. I can personally be reached at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 REPLIES 12

@ZachCousineau wrote:

Ye sit was entered online and it showed as successful with the credit on the account clear at the time. Then gone a few weeks later

When inspecting your payment history page, there should be an entry dated after your credit card & top-up payment showing what the funds were later used for.

ZachCousineau

Ye sit was entered online and it showed as successful with the credit on the account clear at the time. Then gone a few weeks later

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 , can you please remove OPs personal information (Name & Phone #) from this post?

edit: @ZachCousineau , this is a public community forum & your personal information (Name & phone number) can be seen by everyone. Please remove them for your own safety/security to avoid scammers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Please provide images of your payment history from here so we can see what you see.

Did you enter the voucher code into the account either by 611 or logging in? The act of buying it at a store does not put the voucher amount in the account.

Did you turn off the autopay feature? Since last July, there isn't a way to fully remove a card from the system except to ask support. You can change it though. And turn off autopay.

@ZachCousineau wrote:

The credit did show on the account after the voucher was entered. This company is a Telus Brand. Thirdly, the credit would have been sufficient for the amount of the plan with a little left over. 

OK that's great you confirmed that the payment voucher shows in your payment history. Public Mobile, while a low-cost brand owned by Telus Mobility, means it also gets a 3rd tier level of support -- that being online only.

• Can you see any transactions after that date in the history that correspond to those funds being consumed?
  • Can you see any amount under "Available Funds" on the main "My Account" page?
  • It looks like you got a response from the CS Agents in this thread so be sure to check for a private message in that envelope icon at the top of the site!

ZachCousineau

The credit did show on the account after the voucher was entered. This company is a Telus Brand. Thirdly, the credit would have been sufficient for the amount of the plan with a little left over. 

@ZachCousineau wrote:

I have done both of these things over the past several days. NO RESPONSES. I am in conversation with the CRTC, Attorney General and others. Seems that this is an ongoing issues with the Public Mobile Division according to others online. 

Responses to an open ticket with Public Mobile CS agents will only come via a private message on this community forum. Be sure to check for new private messages by clicking the little envelope icon at the very top right of the page on this site.

It seems very silly that you would immediately jump to contacting large beurocratic government regulation agencies thinking you will get faster support through them. It's all over the front page and during sign up that with Public Mobile all support is online, and there is no phone-based support, and that is why the prices here are cheaper. You can't make a case that you didn't know this before becoming a customer.

ZachCousineau

Finally got a response from customer service as pasted here. 

"

My name is Leonardo and it will be my pleasure to help you today.

What you are describing is not possible with Public Mobile.

In order to access and secure your account, please send me the phone number and 
the 4 digit PIN.
If you forgot it please send me e-mail address, last 4 digit of your credit/debit card 
account number and last payment date.

Kindly
Leonardo CS Agent"

NOT POSSIBLE? IT IS HAS HAPPENED SO IT IS VERY POSSIBLE! 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ZachCousineauWe are just other public mobile customers on this forum like you, so there's no sense threatening. I can understand your frustration, but all we can do is try to help troubleshoot what happened and maybe provide some guidance. For specific account related issues, you'll have to open a ticket with the CS agents to look into the specifics.

There's a couple things that I think may have been at play here:

• I don't think it's possible to do the initial activation with a payment voucher. You probably had no choice but to activate with a credit card. After this, you can remove the credit card from the account, and add to the account balance using the payment voucher.
  • Regarding the payment voucher -- I suspect the payment voucher failed to add to your account in the first place. Log into the self-serve portal for the account, and click on "View Payment History" from the first screen that comes up, and see if there is a transaction entry for your top up. If it's there, also check for any charges afterwards that may have fully consumed that top-up balance.
  • If your payment voucher wasn't enough to cover the full amount of the next renewal, and no credit card was enabled for auto-pay, then the service would stop at the renewal date and will need to be manually reactivated after a top-up is added to the account to cover the plan amount.
  • If you don't see the voucher payment show in the Payment History, and still have the PIN from that voucher, to try adding it again.
  • With public mobile, all support is done online, and all account changes and payment are self-service. It is expected that the customer be comfortable with the expectation to handle account issues on their own with no phone-based technical support.
  • If you can better articulate the things you have tried and checked in your self service account without giving away account specifics, it's highly likely other customers on this forum will have an idea what went awry, and how you can avoid it in the future.
  • If you prefer being able to directly call someone at your mobile phone service provider to help you with your account issues, maybe Public Mobile isn't for you, and you should go with one of the full-service & more expensive tier 1 providers like Telus, Bell, or Rogers that have phone-based technical support.

ZachCousineau

I have done both of these things over the past several days. NO RESPONSES. I am in conversation with the CRTC, Attorney General and others. Seems that this is an ongoing issues with the Public Mobile Division according to others online. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ZachCousineau  Please remove personal info from post this a public forum we are just customers like you trying to help .. if you need to contact support here’s the link 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ZachCousineau 

pM is owned by Telus and they won't scam you

please submit ticket with. CS agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.