cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a port request asap

SheriLo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need a request sent to Virgin right away. Have been trying to get this service set up for days on end...not resolved yet. Once the request is sent I will contact Virgin within 90 min. Each time you send it it times out because I don't see the request. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5

SheriLo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

please send the port request now!

Asap. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Sheri

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SheriLo 

To have your number successfully ported over to PM. You must follow these steps IN ORDER:

- Activate SIM online on a laptop or computer.

- Leave old SIM in the phone and wait for text confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM. Note that your old account must be active and you have 90 minutes to reply to the text or porting will not be completed.

- Leave your old SIM in your phone for continue service. Service will stop once porting is completed and this may take up to 2 hours.

- Power off the phone and swap the SIM and power on the phone.

Welcome to PM.

What step did you missed?

Just contact CS_Agent or call the number @softech private message you to restart the porting process.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SheriLo   you had trouble since Tue.  I think many of us already sent you the phone number

First, put your Virgin sim card back in a phone and make  sure the Virgin sim is working , can receive text

Then call PM porting team, ask them to re-initiate the porting request.  

You should then get the text from virgin very quickly.  Just reply YES

Once replied , you can then put the PM sim card back and ready for the port to complete anytime, probabaly within 2 to 4 hours after you replied YES

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SheriLo 

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SheriLo 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

(but the porting team close at 10pm EST, you might need to call them tomorrow)

Need Help? Let's chat.