cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle question .. 30 days? is it correct on My Account

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI All, 

I see a post about amount due date and I look at the couple accounts I have access to

I have something like this

hTideGnow_0-1659124615367.png

hTideGnow_1-1659124636464.png

July 13 to Aug 12 is the current cycle,  I am slow, I counted fingers, isn't that 31 days? 

When they say July 13 - Aug 12, it means inclusive, and it will be 31 days

We all know PM is on 30 days cycle, so, isn't that current plan cycle should be July 13 - Aug 11?

and   Amount Due shows Aug 12.  For all  my bills, when it says something like this, it means you can pay on Aug 12 without any penatly

Shouldn't PM shows Amount Due : Aug 11 or Amount Due before : Aug 12?

9 REPLIES 9

BikingFish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now I just activated yesterday the Sept. 3rd, and this is what's shown for me:

Current Plan Cycle: Sep 02, 2022 - Oct 02, 2022

Someone messed up the date calculation, and I agree with the other posts that this could backfire really badly someday. I believe an IT ticket need to be issued to the backend developers and some good software engineer should be able to fix this. 

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mine shows the same

July 15, 2022 - Aug 14, 2022

and Amount Due is Aug 14, 2022

Luckily I have autopay, but there still should not have silly mistakes like this

@J_PM 

I think that is a too big the glitch. It is about payment, bread and butter for the business

Also, with PM being prepaid , no payment, no service.  The date issue could be a non issue with Pre-Authorized payments enabled, but not everyone is using this for many reason.  The mistake will screw up people.  And there is an unfortunate story today because of the payment date.   Any chance we have a promise that this could be resolved very soon? We don't like more story like this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/phone-turned-off-on-due-date-missing-the-...

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

Thanks @computergeek541 for confirming

is PM aware of this and will fix it?

There  was the reason it screw up someone today.  He has a post earlier about he missed the renewal and unable to receive call before his mother passed away.  Sad

Yes, Public Mobile is awere of this. This issue was discovered during testing of the new Self Serve site. They're also aware of the Rewards site showing the wrong renewal dates. 

Now you explain to me as I am slow too - HOW can somebody, like big company, put something into PRODUCTION without proper and thorough testing????

I would be fired 1000 times if I did that in my time particularly dealing with money.

How long customers have to suffer with all those glitches - unable to update credit cards, unable to access accounts, etc., etc.

As for initial question, I would not push your luck and wait until 12th August to pay your bill. Payment is most likely processed in wee hours on 12th and if you do not have autopay or money on account your account will be suspended on that day.

@hTideGnow wrote:

There  was the reason it screw up someone today.  He has a post earlier about he missed the renewal and unable to receive call before his mother passed away.  Sad

Yes, Public Mobile is awere of this. This issue was discovered during testing of the new Self Serve site. They're also aware of the Rewards site showing the wrong renewal dates. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Strange, I count 30 days on August 12.

HI @BKNS27 

If it is inclusive,  it's 31 days

July 13 to July 22 is 10 days

July 23 to  Aug 1 is 10 days (there is July 31)

Aug 2 to Aug 11 is 10 days

-----------------------------------

30 days (from July 13 to Aug 11 inclusive)

So August 12th is the 31st day

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Strange, I count 30 days on August 12.

@hTideGnow

I''ll confirm for you that the plan duration dates in the Self Serve site are wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.