cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Off during Phone call

Gillingsca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have added US calls and text on my phone but after 2.30 minutes the call gets cut-off.  I get a beep on the phone then its dead.  Please correct as i h

27 REPLIES 27

yes,  you cannot have 2 talk add-ons at the same time.   But no worry,  just open a ticket with PM support and it is an easy fix for them:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply and work with you via messaging there

waiting

I am having exactly the same problem as you!   I purchase USA roaming package talk/text/250data on Jan 08.  It worked fine until this morning when I could not make any more calls or texts.  (This is day 8 of 10 days).  So I purchased another add on talk/text (without data).  I can make and receive calls now but every call drops after 2 minutes 30 seconds (3 beep warning before it drops).  I tested both AT&T and T-mobile and same thing happens.

Gillingsca

No. I am still having problems

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GillingscaPlease provide an update. Is your issue resolved yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gillingsca wrote:

Texts are working fine.  I have submitted a ticket but have not had a response yet

@Gillingsca 

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Hi @Gillingsca , Can you go to the My Account' s Plan Details Page here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

what US Roaming plans are showing there?  do you have different one?

Gillingsca

Yes I mean 2 min 30 seconds

Gillingsca

Texts are working fine.  I have submitted a ticket but have not had a response yet

pkaraa

I think that was 2 minutes and 30 sec not 2.5 hours. 

If three different phones are doing the same call drop at different locations at exact time then it must be the network handshake issue. The provider PM is hiring for its Roaming Add-on is limiting the call. 

Open a ticket with support agents and they can further look into it.

Are Texts working okay?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gillingsca 

Did you mean 2 minutes and 30 seconds or 2 hours and 30 minutes? If it's the latter this has historically been a normal automatic cut off time for pm. You will have to just call your party back currently. I did notice recently that I was able to make a 4 hour call without getting cut off but they may still have the shorter limit on US roaming add ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gillingsca 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

@Gillingsca wrote:

i subscribed to unlimited calls in text USA as an add on to my phone.  I am in Florida.

If you didn't inadvertently subscribe to TWO USA roaming add-ons, (or purchased a consecutive one within 24 hours of a previous one, you can try restarting your phone, or manually switching to a different wireless carrier. Public Mobile can roam on both T-Mobile, and AT&T. Whichever one of those you are currently connected to, try the other as well.

Gillingsca

thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gillingsca : Do you see multiple lines in the Plan Details page saying talk? Saying text? Do the other phones in the north also have these add-ons?

Gillingsca

i subscribed to unlimited calls in text USA as an add on to my phone.  I am in Florida.

0PX9O4

@Gillingsca 

Since you are on roaming, it's quite possible that the issue lies with the US cellular provider. You can create a ticket with PM by sending a private message to @CS_Agent  and they will do what they can to help you.

All the best!

Gillingsca

3 different phone all outgoing and incoming call

Gillingsca

I am not sure what you are asking regarded level of coveral, but i have full bars on my phone for signal.  I am florida the southern part , my daugher and son -inlaw are in the northern part of florida with full bars for a signal and are having the same problem

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Gillingsca wrote:

I have added US calls and text on my phone but after 2.30 minutes the call gets cut-off.  I get a beep on the phone then its dead.  Please correct as i h

I've heard of this issue if two USA roaming add-ons are purchased that both contain a TALK component. Ie TALK+TEXT, as well as TALK+TEXT+DATA.

If so, you may have to open a ticket with the CS Agents to remove one of them from your account.

It can also be confusing if you previously had a 10-day roaming add on that ran out - because you will not be able to purchase the same add-on again until 24 hours after the last one expired. It won't even show up as an option to select in the self-serve portal. If you need to re-buy the same add-on before that 24 hour "waiting" period, again you'd have to contact the CS agents to manually make that change.

Personally, I've had a lot of grief getting a ticket opened through the chat bot over the last week, so if you need to contact support, I recommend sending them a message directly using this link instead:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gillingsca : What all is listed on the Plan Details page? Where are all these phones physically located? And where is the phone with US calls & text located?

0PX9O4

Last question...what level of coverage do you have where you are located? Has this problem occurred in other locations in your region as well?

Gillingsca

i only have one phone that i have paid for US calling and text.  and it happens no matter what number i have called or no matter who has called me

0PX9O4

Okay so switching to other phones has not fixed the issue. Next step is to try to figure out whether it's a coverage issue, and whether it applies to only 1 number, only outgoing or both incoming and outgoing on all numbers.

0PX9O4

@Gillingsca 

Can you switch to another device?

Also, does this disconnection happen regardless of what number you are calling? Does it happen on incoming calls as well?

Gillingsca

My daughter and son in-law who also have iphone's are having the same problem

Gillingsca

i am using an Iphone X

0PX9O4

This seems more likely to be a phone (device) issue. What device are you using? And can you try switching to another device temporarily to rule out device issues?

Need Help? Let's chat.