cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

hlaj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

A friend tried to change my phone number for me and its not working can I have it just switched back to the original please?

The number that was tried: xxxxx

Original Number: xxxxxxxxxx

J h

xxxxxx

DOB:xxxxxxx

8 REPLIES 8

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@hlaj wrote:

Hello,

A friend tried to change my phone number for me and its not working can I have it just switched back to the original please?

So what happened when your friend tried to change your number? Did you get new one or you have No number now?

Once number is changed it cannot be switched back as it goes into pool of unassigned numbers. If you have time you can daily scroll through available numbers and if extremely lucky you will see it again (which I doubt).

You mean they should delete post above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : I sure wish they cared more about the quality and usefulness and relevance of posts that we see all too frequently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hlaj 

Changing Your Number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

To change, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number
  • and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@Anonymous    Yes, that was a fast edit from CSA...perhaps they're monitoring the forums more than usual?

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey so sadly to say i dont think its possible to get your old phone number back. You could get a similar one but not the same one. ALSO PLEASE REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE SITE.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hlaj    Please use the downward arrow on the top right of your post and immediately delete your name/number and all other personal details from your post as you're posting on a public forum.

You will not able to get back your number if you changed numbers unless it was originally issued by PM/Koodo/Telus. 

You can send a message to customer support either via the chatbot bottom right for assistance or send a private message to CS_Agent here:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did the 226 number come from? Was it new here or did you bring it from another provider?

Edit: whoa a CSA monitoring things

Need Help? Let's chat.