cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently on koodo, do i need new sim card if switching to public mobile?

Munee_b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently am on a koodo plan, but its quite expensive so i want to switch to public mobile, but my phone doesnt support esim, so i want to know if i will be able to use PM with my current sim card or if i will have to get a new sim card from public mobile to be able to use their service.

4 REPLIES 4

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most likely, but I've heard not all stores have them. No harm in checking. You can also get it on Amazon for $5 or the one shipped from Public Mobile to me came in about a week

@Munee_b   You would just ask for a Public Mobile sim card.  Not all Telus/Koodo stores  have them, click on the link at the bottom of this page "Pick Up A Sim Card" and then call the nearest store/s to see if they have them in stock.

Munee_b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, do you know what I need to ask for exactly from them? Do I just tell them i need sim card for public mobile? I have a koodo store relatively nearby where i got my initial package from, could I request it from them?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Munee_b  You will need to get a new Public Mobile sim card.  Best to get it from a Telus/Koodo corporate store or from Amazon since ordering direct from Public Mobile can take anywhere from several days to about 3 weeks.  Edited to add, they are not free from Telus/Koodo stores or Amazon whereas they are currently free to new subscribers direct from Public Mobile.  There is a chance that if you buy one from those sources then contact Public Mobile customer support they may give you a credit.  My sim from Public Mobile only took a week but some people report taking much longer so it's a gamble.

Need Help? Let's chat.