cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card acceptance

JohnForbes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had a Public Mobile account for years now and everything has been perfect. Recently I had my credit card replaced and I am being told that I have to apply for a whole new account including a new phone number in order for Public Mobile to accept the new card…….. “WHY”?

8 REPLIES 8

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well getting a new number really is not a bad idea as with all the tracking companies and scamers do now a days changing your number from time to time may help your accounts that you have connected to your number from being hacked in the future.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Absolutely Not true!

Just go and change CC info on PM site. If needed use an app.

I updated my CC few weeks ago with Zero issues using computer.

@JohnForbes wrote:

Thanks eddies, I have tried your suggestions, plus contacting a CS_agent (that who’s telling me to create a whole new account). This has been going on since June 28, and I have dealt with 5 or 6 different CS_agents now. Originally, I wanted to add the new credit card and upgrade my account, but at this point, I am just about at the end of my rope. I have to drive into the city to buy a voucher which is not convenient……but it gets me service.

By any chance, did your Public Mobile account go into suspension for 90 days?

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you've been using the PM app have you tried updating your credit card info through the website (or vice versa)?

eddieO

@JohnForbes that sounds very strange to me that they are saying you need a new account, maybe someone else here in the community might have a solution that works. There are options for buying vouchers online through company's like recharge .com or muskbird .com but it will be slight higher in price since they need to make money off the sale

JohnForbes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks eddies, I have tried your suggestions, plus contacting a CS_agent (that who’s telling me to create a whole new account). This has been going on since June 28, and I have dealt with 5 or 6 different CS_agents now. Originally, I wanted to add the new credit card and upgrade my account, but at this point, I am just about at the end of my rope. I have to drive into the city to buy a voucher which is not convenient……but it gets me service.

eddieO

@JohnForbes You shouldn't need to do that, have you tried logging out of the app and then logging back in? You can also try going into your phone's settings and clearing the PM app's data and then logging back in. If these steps don't work you can contact a CS_agent by clicking on the small orange round circle in the bottom right corner and typing: Customer Support Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.