cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created account but cant log in? (Can't resume activation)

hslim2798
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I created an account and while making an account I got "kicked out" due to some error code. 

I tried to log in, I can log in. It gives me 2 options. Resume activation and go to Log in Page. 

when I click on Resume activation, it asks me to log in again.. when I put in the correct credentials, it says email and password do not match. 

I had already put in payment information and my card was charged but for some reason I can't activate the account. 

if it matters, I chose eSIM option and am creating an account for my mother but using my credit card.

Thanks, 

6 REPLIES 6

@hslim2798 

Sorry, talked about the wrong phone above

For your eSIM issue, let's see if you can first manually install the eSIM via QR code

there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hslim2798 

Pixel 8 pro supports eSIM so you’ll be okay with that, no need for a physical SIM if you don’t want one.

Check your email to see if you got a welcome email, if you did there is a QR code inside of it that you can scan to manually add the eSIM to your phone. If you didn’t get the email and QR code you’ll have to request support to re-issue you one.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

@hslim2798 

you have an iPhone 8?? iPhone 8 does not have eSIM

you need to buy a physical sim from Telus/Koodo/Amazon and ask support to  switch to physical sim for you and update the sim card number

Wrong phone 🤣 

hslim2798
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used app to try to continue. I am stuck at step 6/6 unable to install eSIM. 

Phone is brand new (Pixel 8Pro) and have tried rebooting, reinstalling app, etc with support but still stuck with no luck. 

Inktank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just had to deal with this. Password was wrong even though it was automatically made and saved. Resetting the password didn't work. App had a blank screen and the website constantly refused my login.

I had to make a support ticket and someone got back to me and did the activation. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hslim2798 

Are you using the desktop website or the app? 

If you haven’t tried on the app you will have to download it to continue as all new activations must use the app to finish the activation. Once you’re up and running you can use the website or the app to manage your account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.