cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad Activation Stuck

dsader
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I tried and failed at trying to activate a new account on my ipad, attempting to transfer my number from another carrier. 

I know now that I cannot receive sms on the ipad’s phone number to confirm my identity to complete the initial activation and transfer. Now I am stuck. I can’t complete the step to enter the six digit code sent to my ipad #.

I have no access to My Account page as I am forced into a loop sending 6 digit codes to a number that can never receive them.

I have sent direct message to CS_Agent, but have not heard a reply.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also I called 1 855-478-2542

The autobot there asks for my PIN to change my billing, but I haven’t set up a PIN yet.

So, as I am new here, will I eventually hear from CS_Agent?

Is there another Public number for me to call to undo my activation attempt? 

What should be my next steps to attempt to reversed what I have attempted so far?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

hi @George_Spelvin it is weird it didn't work.  Can you borrow anorher sim from friend to test?? Wonder if it is an iPad setup or PM, but I don't think PM has anything to do and got it blocked or so

George_Spelvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, final update: CS_Agent recommended I buy the Physical Sim, activate it on iPhone, then swap it into my iPad Pr0 M2. But, sadly, the final swap did not work. Although I could access data on PM network on the iPhone just fine, when I put it in iPad and perform Reset Network Settings, it never accessed data network over cellular.

So my refund was final recourse. CS_Agent said for me to get the bank to chargeback the initial fees. I balked at that and asked to “escalate” the ticket. CS_Agent then said I’d see refund on my credit card in a week or two.

I don’t know what makes a Sim card work on a iPhone, but not on an iPad. But in my case, we couldn’t get ‘er done.

Seems to me Public Mobile could be close, the QR code method of activating eSim would be a snap. I’d pay $15/month for 50GB of ipad data. Heck I almost subscribed to 50GB for $34/month today. C’est la vie. 

Personal Hotspot it is.

dsader

update. After several back and forth with CS_Agent, we have 1)ordered a new physical sim that I can activate on my iPad and confirm on my iPhone. 2) changed my account to a new phone number rather than transferring. So once I have new sim swapped, and swapped again, I should be good to go….maybe. Thanks. Lots of smart suggestions to try from the community.

dsader

I tried successfully to reset password. So the initial logon works the same, but it is the second prompt for code

”We’ve noticed you have an active PM service and would like to confirm your full access” then I click “Confirm for full access” and get a new prompt for a 6 digit code.

When I enter incorrect code 4 times, the screen goes back to the page “We’ve noticed”. Or it kicks me back to the log in page.

@dsader 

one a fully setup account, we can click "Didn't receive code" and then "Send email" to get the code via email instead

Pretty sure no "Send email" option at this moment, but try this workarounds below to see if "Send email" will show up after you click "Didn't receive code"

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

dsader

“Turn on this Line” is available on iPhone, not iPad. Thanks, CS_Agent is on my case now.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dsader 

the first time activation code PM is a tough one to get pass, especially your iPad cannot receive text.  Wait for PM to get back to you and ask if the activation was done on the system

for the esim, you enable Turn on this line?

dsader

Sorry, I should have stated that I attempted activation with eSim since the old carrier is on the physical sim card.

dsader

Sorry, I should have stated that I attempted activation with eSim since the original carrier is on the physical sim card.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is it an eSIM or a physical SIM? If it's physical you can just put it in a phone to complete activation.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dsader 

use the iPhone to complte the PM account activation first.

after it is activated, then move the sim card to iPad

Need Help? Let's chat.