cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX Delay for physical sim activation

new_user861878
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am considering switching to public but I will be travelling outside the country and will only need to activate the service on August 16th when I am back in Canada. Can I order the physical sim today (June 26th) but only proceed with activation on August 16th ?

I guess the number transfer will also need to wait August 16th or can it be done ahead of time ? 

Alternatively, I could activate the service when I receive the SIM and then put the account on HOLD for 60 days.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@new_user861878 

If you have a mail slot or a mailbox. Go ahead and order the SIM now and pick a plan. There are no expiry date on the SIM.

As noted by @will13am , members have reported that it may take up to 3 weeks.

You won’t be charged for the plan until the SIM is activated when you port your number over to PM.

@Fuddledud wrote:

You could order the sim from Amazon like I did and just have it with you. When the day comes that you need service you open your account on the PM app, tell it you already have the sim, you can even use your camera on your phone to scan the sim number rather than type it in. 

choose if you want to port a number. If you do you’ll get a txt to your existing carrier so don’t take out the existing sim until you reply yes to the txt from your current carrier on the number port (if applicable)

The account setup and service starts within a minute or two of signing up. I did my wife’s phone like this and last night when she got home from work I had her up and running in 10 minutes max.

I got three SIM card from Amazon delivered next day. 

I don't think OP is in a rush to activate.  The idea is to lock in an existing deal and have it available a couple of months later.  

Fuddledud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You could order the sim from Amazon like I did and just have it with you. When the day comes that you need service you open your account on the PM app, tell it you already have the sim, you can even use your camera on your phone to scan the sim number rather than type it in. 

choose if you want to port a number. If you do you’ll get a txt to your existing carrier so don’t take out the existing sim until you reply yes to the txt from your current carrier on the number port (if applicable)

The account setup and service starts within a minute or two of signing up. I did my wife’s phone like this and last night when she got home from work I had her up and running in 10 minutes max.

I got three SIM card from Amazon delivered next day. 

@new_user861878 , SIM card delivery can take upwards of 3 weeks, quicker for some deliveries.  It is my understanding the plan cycle starts when you enter the SIM card information.  It would appear you could set up an account early.  

Need Help? Let's chat.