cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming as a new perspective customer

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I plan on becoming a new public mobile customer is there anything current customers do not like about Public Mobile?

Its always hard to move to new territory with no history.

8 REPLIES 8

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi

I plan on becoming a new public mobile customer is there anything current customers do not like about Public Mobile?

Waiting for help from moderator

Self service glitches

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd also add it's BYOD (bring your own device). For me, it's a plus as I'd rather own the device and change it when I feel like it. For some, this may be a drawback, though.

ghelper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@wetcoaster wrote:

Public Mobile is not for everybody.

If you are not technically inclined or can lean on a friend / relative who is, it can likely be frustrating to deal with issues IF they crop up. Despite what you see here on this forum, which is the first line of help for any issues with this service, for the majority of Public Mobile customers it's smooth sailing.

If you rely on 100% 24/7 reachability (which, honestly, not even the premium brands can guarantee) have a back-up plan, in extreme cases (high support request volume due to promos, wide spread system problems etc) it can take up to several days for your service to be up and running again if you need moderator (= Public Mobile employees) intervention. Have a look at @Luddite's excellent write-up: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

The best thing about Public Mobile is that you can sign up with a new number for a trial "month" (=30days) at relative low cost and without credit check or strings attached. If you don't like it, just don't pay for your next plan period (and remove auto pay / credit card number). Done.

Agreed. currently with the promo for $25 referral and $10 off 6 months, it doesn't hurt to try for one month, as your next month can be effectively subsidized. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is not for everybody.

If you are not technically inclined or can lean on a friend / relative who is, it can likely be frustrating to deal with issues IF they crop up. Despite what you see here on this forum, which is the first line of help for any issues with this service, for the majority of Public Mobile customers it's smooth sailing.

If you rely on 100% 24/7 reachability (which, honestly, not even the premium brands can guarantee) have a back-up plan, in extreme cases (high support request volume due to promos, wide spread system problems etc) it can take up to several days for your service to be up and running again if you need moderator (= Public Mobile employees) intervention. Have a look at @Luddite's excellent write-up: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

The best thing about Public Mobile is that you can sign up with a new number for a trial "month" (=30days) at relative low cost and without credit check or strings attached. If you don't like it, just don't pay for your next plan period (and remove auto pay / credit card number). Done.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not a huge deal, but several of the plans throttle the data speed to 3G. But the savings (via competitive plan prices and loyalty rewards) make this an acceptable compromise. And the service as a whole is great -- no dropped calls, texts are always received, and the data is fine for me for basic searching. 

The wait time for moderators and forum-driven support have been cited by others. I don't think I'd call them negatives; you really just have to decide if you're comfortable with this support model as it differs from most other big players.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

If you can't wait for few hours because something didn't work good as payment or transfer or buying add-on....you are not at your place with public mobile. You can have to wait that long for having answers and things fixed...Smiley Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi

The long moderator wait time to get help.  Offically moderator wait time is up to 48 hours.  But for the last couple of weeks, the wait time was reduced to a few hours as PM is trying to improve subscriber experience.  YMMV.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi

Aside from the nice things you could have researched for, low price, reward program,

the things requires attention is:

• Port may take longer for someone, and my experience is as long as it took longer than 6 hours, fire up a message to moderators to rectify the issue.
  • THERE IS NO CALL CENTER SUPPORT. The only way to seek for official support is via private messages to moderators. I can't repeat this enough.
  • Well...Patience is a virtue, when comes to PM.
Need Help? Let's chat.