cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Important Update: eSIM QR Code Now Included in Activation Summary Emails

TimmyS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far as I know I never got an activation summary email and now I am disconnected from my rogers esim and do not seem to have a public esim.
As a new customer coming from Rogers May 25, I have been experienced problems.  I thought my Public e-sim installed was ok. But maybe not. 
I did get confirmation text from Rogers hours after my assumingly successful sign up with public, saying my number was ported and they are sorry to see me go. About the same time I had no success receiving the verification texts Public said they were sending. Now today I see SOS. I am not able to make calls. I'm concerned it was a mistake to change hoping to save money on a US trip coming up in 2 days! 

6 REPLIES 6

TimmyS

I thought all was well after Rogers seemingly confirmed the report, thanked me for my long loyalty and said they would contact me to get me back. I had receiving the code from Public to share for $10. I was receiving texts and phone calls. But then service stopped. SOS

Many messages to community were made and helpful suggestions follow. But it is very frustrating & i am left to assume when I cancelled the esim with Rogers, the new Public esim was never activated. I’m old but active & if I go anywhere outside of wifi i can’t be connected. So I sit at home now /Soon to be 48 hours trying to get a CS_Agent again. The last one sent me security questions to verify my account  & So far, it has been 12 hours since I answered all. Nothing in my email. 

Today, May 27, I am up early packing for a flight to my US trip which is the reason I switched to Public. With no reply from CS_Agent, my thought is changing was a mistake. You get what you pay for.  asking me 8 security questions to verify my account. 

Tiana: please help me get my iPhones connected FASTER! This first iPhone 778-995-6824 as an experiment that is not working. There are 2 more plus watches and iPads i could connect too but SHEESH

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure you just don't need to turn the sim on? Did you go into the sim settings on your phone?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TimmyS 

I can confirm myself support works today too.  Just got a reply from CS_agent.  It was a quick one, I only send them my question half an hour ago, and they replied me for verification questions.  

slusagm

@TimmyS 

they open 7 days a week.  But support ticket take a bit of time.  So, write them the message first

TimmyS

I'm in a PACIFIC TIME ZONE. ITS 4:30 here

ARE THEY CLOSED in Ontario?

slusagm

@TimmyS 

so, there is no Public Mobile esim installed on your phone? check once more or ask PM to send you one.  Without a proper activation, you won't be able to use Chatbot to contact PM, so , message them using this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.